This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and empathetic leader to help us shape the next stage of our development at Police Care UK. We are looking for someone to join our leadership team with the skills, confidence and sensitivity to lead, shape and build on the capabilities of a committed team, to ensure they are backed-up by the right systems, processes and technology to deliver impactful and cost and effective results.
Independent of government and the police service, we provide a confidential programme of practical, emotional, and financial support that:
· Ensures everyone is aware of the harm police experience as part of their role;
· Enables police and families to recover and rebuild their lives; and
· Engages with the police service to do all it can to reduce or prevent harm.
The charity has been going through a period of change which has seen us transform from a traditional benevolent role to one acknowledged as a leader in the bluelight sector. We operate throughout the UK, at both a strategic and local level, to deliver ground breaking research and programmes to help our police cope with the traumatic scenes they are exposed to. This includes individual projects in police forces to help improve wellbeing and a confidential programme of practical, emotional and financial support to serving and veteran officers, staff and their families who carry the physical and psychological scars of public service. We champion welfare that works within the modern policing environment.
Key requirements for this influential management role include:
· Strong, empathic leader and motivating people manager
· Significant experience of supporting people with health or social care needs
· Experience developing case management systems and processes
· Understanding and management of safeguarding
· Current social work or health qualification with evidence of ongoing CPD
· Experienced in writing and presenting reports
Please submit your CV (which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4) and include specific examples of how you demonstrate that you meet the requirements of the role and person specification. You should also submit an introductory letter stating why you are interested both in the role at Police Care UK and how you meet the requirements of the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.