About Police Now
Police Now’s mission is to transform communities, reduce crime and anti-social behaviour, and increase the public’s confidence in the police by recruiting, developing and inspiring outstanding and diverse leaders in policing. We are working towards a day when every community, whatever the socio-economic background of its residents, can thrive without being fearful of crime. We are looking for high-performing, committed, mission-aligned individuals who will actively contribute towards this goal.
It is important that Police Now’s workforce reflects the communities that we serve and are empowered to contribute their best. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion in policing and our Head Office, and view workforce diversity as a business imperative. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Police Now trains graduates and career changers with leadership potential to become inspirational police officers and outstanding crime fighters on our National Graduate Leadership Programme and our National Detective Programme. Our officers are supported for life so they can confidently progress through policing ranks as innovative leaders. We are a not-for-profit organisation of ~120 employees, with ambitious goals; we need impact and solutions-focused individuals who will accelerate us towards our mission. Everything we do and our culture reflects the Police Now Leadership Principles which are attached at the bottom of this page.
What you’ll do
Police Now is looking for a Marketing Coordinator, who will be part of the team responsible for ensuring that Police Now has a pipeline of talented and diverse individuals committed to our mission of community transformation. The role will focus on supporting the wider marketing and recruitment activity and report into the Marketing Manager. This team has won over 21 recruitment and marketing awards and recently launched a brand-new graduate training programme so it's an exciting time to join.
Having our mission and values at heart, you will drive to hit our ambitious and growing targets to ensure Police Now delivers quality hires in a number of regions across England and Wales.
We are looking for an individual who has recently graduated from a marketing degree, looking for their first role, or someone with marketing experience who is looking for their next step. We need someone with a results-driven attitude and a drive to exceed ambitious targets. You must be comfortable with a varied workload, supporting the marketing team on our marketing campaigns; from planning and execution through to analysis and review along with supporting on the Onboarding and Recruitment side wherever needed. You will need to have a can-do attitude and be comfortable working as part of a team and independently. Ideally, you will be passionate about the user journey, all the way from attraction to onboarding and ensuring an inclusive experience for all.
This role will sit on the onboarding side of the wider marketing team to support the successful delivery of marketing and communications campaigns to programme applicants and their influencers to ensure we retain the highest quality, most dedicated candidates.
- Provide general marketing support to the Recruitment and Marketing team.
- Support the marketing team to deliver campaigns and projects where needed, working with other departments and managing stakeholders.
- Be the first point of contact by email, phone, online platforms, live chat and social media.
- Assist in the preparation and running of marketing events virtually and face to face across the country where needed. These may be on university campuses or at London venues.
- Maintain and update the online recruitment system and produce reports.
- Feed into the planning and creation of marketing and communication campaigns, helping to shape them on behalf of the business
- Support initiatives which develop our onboarding process into the most inclusive, diverse user journey it can be.
- Processing invoices and getting manager approval
- Manage our social media platforms by scheduling posts on a weekly basis
- Linking in with the Comms team on any upcoming activity that needs to be shared across social channels.
- Managing different stakeholders in a professional manner within key projects and campaigns
- Making updates to the website via our CMS system
- Looking at data to constantly inform decisions on what you’ll do next, pulling reports and understanding the metrics which can inform marketing decisions and activities.
- Have diversity and inclusion in the heart of all you do, contributing to the ideas and delivery of our strategy to hire outstanding and diverse individuals.
- Commit to your own personal development and ensure skills are always up to date.
- Any ad-hoc duties and projects.
Who we’re looking for
Although prior experience in a similar role is helpful, we are more interested in your attitude, and your willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply knowledge quickly. We would like someone who has lots of energy and can take the initiative to see where you can add value to the work that we do. This is an exciting and varied role within a growing organisation with lots of opportunities for you to gain some amazing experience.
We are looking for someone with strong organisation, prioritisation and administrative skills, with outstanding attention to detail. You’ll take initiative, with proven problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently as well as in a group setting.
You’ll be comfortable working at pace and being flexible, able to work comfortably within challenging timescales and shifting priorities. And you’ll be able to maintain a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, even when under pressure.
You’ll also have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships. Key to this will be your excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to ‘muck in’ and help others when the going gets tough. Finally, and most importantly, you’ll be passionate about our mission, and you’ll have a thirst for professional development, eager to develop and learn on the job.
What you’ll need
- Knowledge and motivation of our Police Now mission.
- Experience in a marketing role or from a university degree.
- Strong attention to detail including good use of numeracy and grammar.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- A strong team player, with the ability to use initiative, work at speed and demonstrate common sense.
- Resilience with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and commitment.
- Strength of character and robustness.
- Enthusiastic individual who is prepared to take ownership of managing their workload.
- Personable and approachable style in order to communicate well at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and be effective under pressure.
- Demonstrable good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Degree-level educated or one year’s marketing experience.
- Knowledge of graduate marketing and recruitment.
- Experience using a content management system (CMS).
What you'll get from us
- A bright, airy, modern and buzzing office near Liverpool Street, Central London (Zone 1) Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, online/remote working and inductions will occur. Employees are expected to be based 3-days per week in the London office.
- A supported working from home set-up with the technology and certain equipment required.
- Competitive salary of £20,000-£28,000 per annum dependent on location and experience.
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday each year plus bank holidays
- Sanctus coaching (private mental health coaching for the workplace)
- Access to the Vitality programme which includes healthcare benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme and discounts
- Training opportunities for personal development
- Participation in a pension scheme (with 5% employer contributions and 3% employee contributions)
This role will involve working a minimum of 3 days a week at our London office, as well as travel nationally as and when required for events.
This job description is issued as a guideline. It is not exhaustive, and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Due to the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description and according to the needs of the organisation.
Applications will be screened as they are received and invited to interview accordingly. Police Now reserves the right to close the advert prior to the advertised date, should a suitable applicant be appointed. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
Please note that some roles within Police Now require certain levels of National Security Vetting or screening in order to effectively work with our partners. Therefore, we may ask you to complete this if you are successful.
To be confirmed
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.