About Police Now
Police Now’s mission is to transform communities, reduce crime and anti-social behaviour, and increase the public’s confidence in the police by recruiting, developing and inspiring outstanding and diverse leaders in policing. We are working towards a day when every community, whatever the socio-economic background of its residents, can thrive without being fearful of crime. We are looking for high-performing, committed, mission-aligned individuals who will actively contribute towards this goal.
It is important that Police Now’s workforce reflects the communities that we serve and are empowered to contribute their best. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion in policing and our Head Office, and view workforce diversity as a business imperative. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Police Now trains graduates and career changers with leadership potential to become inspirational police officers and outstanding crime fighters on our National Graduate Leadership Programme and our National Detective Programme. Our officers are supported for life so they can confidently progress through policing ranks as innovative leaders. We are a not-for-profit organisation of ~120 employees, with ambitious goals; we need impact and solutions-focused individuals who will accelerate us towards our mission. Everything we do and our culture reflects the Police Now Leadership Principles which are attached at the bottom of this page.
The purpose of your role
We’re looking for a marketing manager to join our award-winning team to drive creative and inspirational marketing activity that will contribute to us achieving our ambitious mission.
You will lead our post-offer marketing and communication responsibilities for candidates who have been attracted through our marketing to apply, successfully completed our selection process, and are then made a conditional offer for one of our national programmes. High standards are needed to deliver exceptional results in this area of the organisation, ensuring we retain top talent for our programmes in a competitive market. You will also be responsible for our cross-organisation marketing and brand activity to ensure all across the organisation are equipped to use it correctly. As part of this you’ll ensure the use of the Police Now brand is effectively executed by non-marketing colleagues when engaging with their stakeholders, which includes our core customers.
The role requires honest and direct communication to bring the organisation together to support our post-offer strategy and will require comfort in constructively challenging others. There is true scope to own and grip your areas of responsibility, with the support and guidance from the Head of Marketing, giving you opportunity to try new initiatives and show your creative flair.
- Take ownership for writing and gathering input for our post-offer recruitment and marketing strategies for our national programmes. Once signed off then owning the delivery of the strategy with stakeholders across the whole of Police Now.
- Bring creativity and innovation into our marketing activities to retain top talent for our nation graduate programmes. Implement strategies that help offer holders who are facing challenges about joining one of our programmes and seek to convince those with multiple offers that ours is the best for them.
- Monitor offer holder behaviour to react to attrition trends, linking in closely with the recruitment manager.
- Support colleagues across the organisation to make use of the Police Now brand guidelines and suite of resources to effectively deliver the work needed with their stakeholders and audiences. Depending on the scale of the project linking in with our approved suppliers for larger, more specific projects.
- Team management of two members of staff, build strong relationships with other managers in the Recruitment and Marketing department and across Police Now more widely.
- Budget management, linking in closely with the Head of Marketing to ensure public money is spent effectively.
What you’ll need
- Early careers or graduate recruitment experience at a manager or assistant manager level essential, desirably within a recruitment marketing role.
- Leadership experience gained in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to work with agility based on evidence of working in an organisation that can be changeable.
- Detail orientated in all aspects of work, especially ensuring marketing and communications are accurate and consistent.
- Data-driven with experience analysing pipeline data to help drive decision-making and activity.
- Team and budget management experience.
What you'll get from us
- A bright, airy, modern and buzzing office near Liverpool Street, Central London (Zone 1) Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, online/remote working and inductions will occur. Employees are expected to be based 3-days per week in the London office. Inductions will be conducted virtually
- A supported working from home set-up with the technology and certain equipment required.
- Competitive salary of £43,500 - £55,000 per annum dependent on experience and location
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday each year plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Sanctus coaching (private mental health coaching for the workplace)
- Access to the Vitality programme which includes healthcare benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme and discounts
- Training opportunities for personal development
- Participation in a pension scheme (with 5% employer contributions and 3% employee contributions)
This role will involve working a minimum of 2-3 days a week at our London office.
We strongly encourage candidates to look through our Leadership Principles document at the bottom of this page and these underpin our culture and values, and feature heavily in our recruitment process
This job description is issued as a guideline. It is not exhaustive, and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Due to the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description and according to the needs of the organisation.
Applications will be screened as they are received and invited to interview accordingly. Police Now reserves the right to close the advert prior to the advertised date, should a suitable applicant be appointed. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
Please note that some roles within Police Now require certain levels of National Security Vetting or screening in order to effectively work with our partners. Therefore, we may ask you to complete this if you are successful.
To be confirmed
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.