About Police Now
Police Now’s mission is to transform communities, reduce crime and anti-social behaviour, and increase the public’s confidence in the police by recruiting, developing and inspiring outstanding and diverse leaders in policing. We are working towards a day when every community, whatever the socio-economic background of its residents, can thrive without being fearful of crime. We are looking for high-performing, committed, mission-aligned individuals who will actively contribute towards this goal.
It is important that Police Now’s workforce reflects the communities that we serve and are empowered to contribute their best. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion in policing and our Head Office, and view workforce diversity as a business imperative. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Police Now trains graduates and career changers with leadership potential to become inspirational police officers and outstanding crime fighters on our National Graduate Leadership Programme and our National Detective Programme. Our officers are supported for life so they can confidently progress through policing ranks as innovative leaders. We are a not-for-profit organisation of ~120 employees, with ambitious goals; we need impact and solutions-focused individuals who will accelerate us towards our mission. Everything we do and our culture reflects the Police Now Leadership Principles which are attached at the bottom of this page.
The purpose of the role
You will be working within the Recruitment and Marketing team, supporting the delivery of the Frontline Leadership Programme with a strong focus on attracting and supporting underrepresented groups within policing. The programme will equip currently serving officers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to be effective leaders, line managers and change makers in their force and communities.
As the Recruitment & Marketing Officer, you will support with the end-to-end candidate journey for applicants from engagement to peak interest and application right through to starting the programme. Reporting into the Recruitment & Marketing Assistant Manager, you will work to ensure candidates are attracted, assessed and onboarded ahead of the start of the programme. You will work closely with other members of Police Now Headquarters and external stakeholders to support the delivery of this project. You will have diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything you do to support our aims to have a fully representative cohort joining the Frontline Leadership Programme.
- Be a key part of the planning and delivery of attracting applications for the programme including the delivery of marketing campaigns.
- Manage external stakeholder relationships, specifically marketing agencies and partner police forces, to support with our engagement and attraction strategies.
- Support recruitment process delivery to meet programme hiring targets including pipeline management and interventions.
- Assist with the advancement of Police Now’s applicant tracking system (ATS) provider to manage successful delivery of our recruitment processes
- Support the execution of communications and application support to candidates throughout the recruitment process while providing excellent candidate experience.
- Deliver an inclusive candidate care strategy, including post-offer and induction requirements.
What you’ll need
- Proven recruitment experience, preferably in a high-volume early careers environment or experience working in police recruitment services.
- Proven experience of being involved in the delivery of fast moving and complex projects in the recruitment or marketing space.
- Be able to be proactive and solutions focused to overcome problems and risks as well as have the foresight to plan for mitigations.
- Strong relationship building and ability to support candidates through their journey and represent the organisation with credibility.
- Confidence in persuasive communication, including pitching and delivering candidate support activity to influence target audiences.
- Experience of working with external suppliers to work on delivering key activities such as our current external marketing agency and our forces.
- Ability to understand, monitor and use data to enhance recruitment delivery and outcomes
- Understanding and experience of implementing positive action interventions to support candidates from underrepresented groups.
- Efficient and able to multi-task, with the ability to work at speed whilst ensuring attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and ability to develop knowledge and proficiency of Police Now’s relationship management system.
- Willingness to travel within England and Wales and to work occasional evening and weekend events.
- Vetting clearance or willingness to be vetted.
What you’ll get from us
- A bright, airy, modern and buzzing office in Zone 1. Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, online/remote working and inductions will occur. Employees are expected to be based for a minimum of 3-days per week in the London office. Inductions will be conducted virtually
- A supported working from home set-up with the technology and certain equipment required.
- Competitive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent on experience and location
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday each year plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Sanctus coaching (private mental health coaching for the workplace)
- Access to the Vitality programme which includes healthcare benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme and discounts
- Training opportunities for personal development
- Participation in a pension scheme (with 5% employer contributions and 3% employee contributions)
This is a fixed term contract for 18months.
The role will involve working a minimum of 3 days a week at our London office, as well as travel nationally as and when required for events.
This job description is issued as a guideline. It is not exhaustive, and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Due to the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description and according to the needs of the organisation.
Applications will be screened as they are received and invited to interview accordingly. Police Now reserves the right to close the advert prior to the advertised date, should a suitable applicant be appointed. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
Please note that some roles within Police Now require certain levels of National Security Vetting or screening in order to effectively work with our partners. Therefore, we may ask you to complete this if you are successful.
To be confirmed
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.