We are looking for an experienced Policy and Influence Officer to join our team.
Job Title: Policy and Influence Officer
Contract Period: Permanent
Hours: 37 hrs flexible, some out of normal hours work on weekends and evenings
Location: Negotiable; face to face meetings in London on a regular basis, if in line with Government COVID 19 guidance. This job has a national remit so there will be travel throughout the UK
Responsible to: Director
Responsible For: Freelancers and researchers
The role will involve influencing positive change for BAME organisations and communities within national, regional and local policy to address vital issues identified by the sector; to ensure BAME organisations and communities are involved, participate and evidence the impact of change. The position will be suitable for someone who is flexible, reliable, dedicated and interested in contributing to society.
The Policy and Influence role is to develop policy positions on the BAME sector, and to communicate these in order to influence the external policy environment; to gather intelligence and research, consult and communicate learning in order to develop these policy positions; to manage consultants and researchers as required. As Policy and Influence Officer you will;
- To work with the Director and other relevant people to implement transparent and effective policy and influencing services; to be responsible for communicating V4CE policy positions once these have been confirmed by the organisation
- To develop Voice4Change policy work as agreed by the Director
- To work with the Director to organise a consultancy and research programme to identify and inform on key themes within the BAME sector; to manage consultants and the delivery of research, as delegated
- To work with the Director to identify themes and priorities in policy and establish a timetable for the year; to utilise this to lead on the development of Voice4Change policy strategy
- To develop and utilise effective relationships within Government, local authorities, the health sector, other policy and decision makers, and the wider voluntary sector in order to develop more inclusive policy and effect change for the benefit of the BAME sector
- To lead on work to influence policy makers, identify emerging trends and develop policy and strategies in response to these trends in line with V4CE strategic purpose and aims
- To monitor Parliamentary and other similar activity leading to the progress of legislation, research or significant inquiries in order to identify significant matters for V4CE policy and influencing work
To succeed as Policy and Influence Officer you will;
Have proven management level experience
Be highly proficient and highly creative in MS Desktop packages, MS SharePoint and Outlook 2010/2016 (mail, calendar and databases) Intranet/Web. Windows 2010/2007
Exceptional organisational and communication skills together with proven leadership capabilities
Must be a proactive team player with strong problem solving skills
Voice4Change England is a national advocate for the Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary and community sector (BMS VCS). As the only national membership organisation dedicated to the BME VCS we speak up to policymakers on the issues that matter to the sector, bring the sector together to share good practice and develop the sector to better meet the needs of communities.
Due to the volume of applications, please be aware that if you do not hear back within two weeks of the closing date, sadly you have not been successful on this occassion.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.