The University of Warwick is seeking to recruit a Development Executive to lead the development of a portfolio of Major Gift (£100k +) prospects and projects to support Development Office priorities aligned to delivering the University of Warwick’s institutional strategic goals.
The successful candidate will have the ability to build excellent relationships with individuals. Your experience may come from inside or outside fo the charity sector, candidates with transferable skills and experience are welcome to apply.
- Work collaboratively to achieve the fundraising team annual target of in excess of £15 million
- Build and manage a portfolio of prospects capable of making gifts of £100k+. This requires prospects to have minimum net worth of £10m each.
- Secure a minimum annual income target of £1m against team priorities and donor-led opportunities. To achieve this, pursue a minimum annual ask target of £5m.
- Work with the Head of Philanthropy and Department Head of each faculty to ensure every opportunity to engage with donors is met and welcomed.
- Recruit a network of influencers to assist in the increase in philanthropic income. These would include senior volunteers, alumni and members of the Governing Council in consultation with the Deputy Director of Development (Philanthropy).
- Ensure that donors receive excellent care throughout their relationship with the University. In particular post gift stewardship which will encourage subsequent gifts. This will require close working with the Donor Relations team so that each donor is supported by a stewardship plan.
- Develop projects with academic and professional staff that will excite donors and maximise philanthropic income for their area of expertise and responsibility. This may require providing advice and support to turn ideas into fundraising propositions.
- Provide leadership support for fundraising to the Chair and Heads of Departments to advise them on best practice for prospect meetings, coaching support on the messages most likely to engage donors.
- Ensure that all prospects in cultivation comply the criteria for gift acceptance and undertake duties in an ethical manner and in accordance with the Policy on Gift Solicitation and Acceptance.
- Be recognised as a great ambassador for the Development Team across all areas of the University.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience to include:
- Be able to demonstrate experience of building and maintaining constructive professional relationships with a wide range of people over an extended period of time.
- Demonstrate where you have worked collaboratively to achieve a goal, project or contract success.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment.
- Possess the ability to draw out and interpret information about a wide range of subjects, ranging from the Arts to STEM and use that information to brief others in person and in writing in order to achieve funding.
- Be able to inspire confidence in academic colleagues that you will be able to present information about their specialism in a confident and professional manner, and be able to judge when more expert knowledge is required to answer questions and queries from donors.
- Be a good problem solver with the ability to work across teams and specialisms to resolve fundraising challenges across departments. Demonstrate self awareness and understand how to bring others with you in order to overcome collective challenges.
- Enjoy working as part of a high performing team and support the team to deliver c £15m of income ensuring KPIs are met.
- Be able to show an understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding the solicitation of gifts in the charitable sector.
- Demonstrate excellent ambassadorial skills in order to promote the University of Warwick as the first choice for the destination of donor funds.
To receive a copy of the job pack please apply via this site.