About IET Connect
In 1890 a group of engineers decided that their institution should do something for fellow engineers in times of need. Today, the organisation has grown into a registered charity, IET Connect, who exist to ensure that no engineer or their family needs to face life’s challenges without support. With 168,000 current members of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and many previous members spread across 150 countries this is undoubtably a challenge.
This is an exciting time for IET Connect, with an expanding team and new brand and visual identity due to be launched in the autumn. The charity's vision is to increase the wellbeing of engineers and their families worldwide and they are embarking on a new strategy for 2019-2022 which will see them doubling the numbers of engineers and their families they support by 2022
This is a new role for the organisation, so you can really make your mark in the delivery of their vision. The new strategy involves working more collaboratively across teams, and for the Fundraising Manager - Individual Giving, it means testing new acquisition methods to increase the donor base, improving the depth and quality of relationships with supporters and increasing income.
Some of the immediate actions include:
- Supporting the launch of the exciting new brand and visual identity
- Developing and embedding an individual giving fundraising strategy which will include as a basis regular giving, gifts in wills, online giving and development of a lottery and 3rd party events.
- Managing and monitoring the new acquisition programme, including digital marketing campaigns
- Improving the use and impact of data to help the charity understand its supporters
The successful candidate will have:
- A successful track record of developing and managing a successful, cause-led Individual Giving programme, with proven technical ability across all channels including digital
- Strong experience of developing and implementing successful supporter journeys with thorough understanding of donor motivation
- Track record of meeting or exceeding targets
Deadline for applications: 5th August
Client interviews: week of 12th August, date TBC