- Job Title: Head of Fundraising and Partnerships
- Charity: Peer Power
- Salary: £45k – £50k
- Contract: Permanent, full time (p/t or job share considered)
- Location: Vauxhall, London. Office based/hybrid or home working
Peer Power is an empathy-led charity that helps to heal trauma and adversity through caring relationships, and transforms youth service systems by supporting the young people we partner with to influence and inspire action.
Our vision is a world where empathy-led services and systems support all children, teenagers and young adults to achieve their dreams and lead their best lives.
Our mission is to be a caring support network for young people, helping to change their lives through trusted, healthy relationships so they can change and inspire the lives of others and increase empathy in the services designed to help them.
You will deliver fundraising and income generation at Peer Power, focusing on increasing unrestricted income through philanthropy, grants and trusts, individual giving, events, legacy, community and major donor streams. You will have an individual track record of exceeding income targets and significant experience of developing partnerships that has resulted in generating new income.
You will build this role in the charity and work closely with the CEO, and the staff team, as well as building a team of junior fundraising positions over time.
You will promote and demonstrate the values of the charity by being positive, open and honest and showing empathy, love, respect and fairness.
Role responsibilities to include:
- Develop and deliver on the Fundraising Strategy, annual fundraising plans and income targets and meet the agreed income target.
- Lead the strategic direction for all philanthropic, fundraising and stewardship aspects of income generation. To lead and manage all fundraising activities related to trusts, corporates, individual giving, events, legacy, community and major donors.
- Cultivate, secure and steward funding and relationships through corporates, high net worth individuals, trusts and foundations with a focus on long- term relationships
- To identify potential corporate partners to approach with written proposals or pitch for new business.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to develop and deliver the annual grants and trust budget, income and expenditure budgets and re-forecasts. Update the overarching bid and reporting plan, and ensure the database is kept up to date
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and new funders in order to maximise fundraising potential and supporter retention.
- Working with our communications team to develop high-quality, engaging email marketing materials and communications that drive donor acquisition and retention.
- Generate income in order to build a Fundraising Team and manage junior staff to assist on all areas of fundraising, setting clear direction and leadership, and delegating tasks for them to deliver on.
- To identify new and innovative opportunities for income-generating activity amongst schools, community groups and youth networks.
Person Specification to include:
- Established track record of meeting income targets and building relationships with supporters at all levels
- Extensive proven experience of producing high quality and compelling proposals, reports and correspondence to inspire generous support.
- Experience of leading and overseeing budgets including setting, measuring and performing against KPIs
- Demonstrable evidence of meeting targets and maximising return on investment in a challenging environment
- Significant successful experience in a senior fundraising role, delivering income growth across multiple channels
- Significant experience of leadership with a focus on creating highly engaged and performing teams
- Inspiring and engaging communication skills, with the ability to influence and steward
- Ability to prioritise workloads, organise tasks effectively and involve other members of the team when needed
- Outstanding project management skills
- Skilled in connecting and building strong relationships, with a range of people, including funders, senior leaders and young people
- Enthusiasm and passion for working in partnership with young people and the team to share decision making
- Commitment to delivering high standards of work
- Patient, non-judgemental, compassionate and committed to anti-oppressive working
- Commitment to living the Peer Power values through behaviour, actions and communication
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development professionally and personally