Digital Fundraising Manager
To manage our community and events fundraising campaigns and supporter engagement journey through various digital channels. This includes emails, social media campaigns, supporter acquisition and retention through publishing fundraising content across all digital platforms.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and creative digital fundraiser to join our small team to provide maternity cover for 6 months. You must be a self-motivated professional who will relish the opportunity to manage your area with a high degree of autonomy. You will report direct to the CEO.
In this role, you will maximise income, supporter recruitment and retention through digital channels, including email (e-shots via Charity Digital or equivalent), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and paid social. You must also have experience in fundraising copywriting, knowledge of charity CRMs and using MS Office/SharePoint.
The role includes nurturing our supporters and managing the annual calendar of existing and new fundraising events. Being home-based, you must be confident with and equipped for remote working.
Preferred starting date: 23 August, 2021 (or sooner)
Fundraising and Supporter Management
- Schedule posts and communicate with supporters using social media
- Maximise fundraising income and awareness through fundraising activities
- Support fundraisers by providing advice, materials and fundraising ideas as appropriate
- Manage the purchase and allocation of places in major events
- Maintain up to date records on the charity’s CRM system (MS Dynamics)
- Thank donors
- Keep website fundraising pages up to date
- Write fundraising articles for newsletter and social media
- Stay abreast of all fundraising developments, including Fundraising Regulator and GDPR
- Attend external events as agreed if ‘COVID-safe’
- Fundraising and Supporter Stewardship experience
- Experience of using Canva and Charity Digital or equivalent (E-shots)
- Demonstrable experience of increasing fundraising income from community and events fundraising
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage projects
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including presentation skills
- Experience of copy writing
- Social media communications experience
- IT and MS Office literate
- Ability to work from home
- Willingness to attend events in evenings and at weekends
- Willingness to travel across the UK
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups including families, health and education professionals and volunteers
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to empathise with the charity’s beneficiaries
- Experience of working within a health/social care charity
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter (no more than 500 words).
Please note that to apply for the role it is essential that you have digital fundraising experience and that you are able to work effectively from home. We are unable to respond to any applications that do not meet these requirements.
About The PKD Charity
About 70,000 adults and children in the UK have Polycystic Kidney Disease or PKD - life threatening inherited conditions that can cause renal (kidney) failure and affect other organs in the body.
We support those affected, their families and carers. We raise awareness and fund research.
We want to improve the lives of everyone affected by PKD. We want to give hope for the future. We want to make PKD irrelevant and ultimately curable.
To find out more about the charity please visit our website.