About the PKD Charity
Founded in 2000, we’re the first and only UK charity solely dedicated to improving the lives of an estimated 70,000 individuals and their families affected by polycystic kidney disease (PKD) in the UK.
PKD is a range of life-threatening inherited conditions that can cause kidney failure and affect other organs in the body such as the liver, brain, heart and bowels. Most people with PKD live with an uncertain prognosis, intermittent pain and infections, and then have to undergo life-saving dialysis or transplant in their 50s. A few babies have a rare form of PKD which results in death during pregnancy or shortly after birth; the surviving children often have to have either a kidney or liver transplant before the age of 10.
We provide reliable, accredited information, advice and personalised support. We raise awareness of the burden of PKD, both clinical and psychosocial. We fund research aimed at understanding more about PKD and the discovery of therapies that will improve quality and longevity of life.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
About the role
The role will be joining the small, committed team at the PKD Charity and presents an exciting opportunity for someone to play a key role in helping make a significant difference to people affected by polycystic kidney disease.
You will be responsible for developing and delivery the fundraising strategy and meeting income targets across various income streams including Community and Events, Corporate, Individual Giving, Legacies and Major Donor fundraising.
We are looking for a committed, highly motivated and creative fundraiser who is confident and excited about working across all areas of fundraising and generating income for a small national charity. As the sole fundraiser at the charity, you will be comfortable working independently.
- Lead on the development and implementation of our fundraising strategy which will maximise income generation from a range of sources including Community and Events, Individual Giving, Legacies, Commemorative Giving, Corporate and Major Donor Fundraising.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of all communications and fundraising activity and to use this learning to inform and shape the future of our activity in this area throughout the organisation.
Community and Events Fundraising
- Market and recruit for a programme of national sports and challenge events including the London Marathon and Great North Run. Supporting our participants to achieve their fundraising targets
- Develop and deliver new and existing fundraising events and activities that will engage with the PKD Charity community.
- Secure new income from community audiences through referrals and introductions from existing supporters and sourcing of new funders within the community, including businesses, social groups, clubs and societies, religious groups and schools.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a network of volunteers to support fundraising activities in communities around the UK and help raise awareness of polycystic kidney disease and the charity.
- Manage the ongoing development and implementation of a regular giving strategy, to maximise unrestricted income, recruit new regular givers and reduce attrition rates.
- Work with the team to support the recently launched legacy fundraising and commemorative giving strategy, to maximise income.
Corporate and Major Donor
- Lead on the cultivation and stewardship of supporters, including the account management of partnerships with businesses.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive to develop relationships with major donors and support the development of a major donor programme.
- Ensure that the organisational CRM database usage is optimised to facilitate major donor fundraising.
- Work with other organisations to maximise joint fundraising opportunities.
- Develop and manage the fundraising budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources
- Create and maintain income pipelines aligned to income targets, prepare reports and contribute to monthly management information.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the organisation’s supporter CRM database, ensuring efficient and appropriate data capture and data analysis for the purposes of effective stewardship, fundraising and communications
- Record and acknowledge donations appropriately
- Assist with the organisation of PKD Charity support events when required.
- Lead on the creation and ordering of fundraising materials and resources
- Ensure ethical, best practice and compliant fundraising activities; stay up to speed with best practice within fundraising and the charity sector; identify areas of compliance, new areas of opportunity and innovation within the sector
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.