How to apply
The Positive Youth Foundation is a Coventry-based charity, established to support young people to achieve their full potential. We have a long-standing track record of developing effective services for young people, in particular, those who find themselves within a wide range of challenging circumstances.
Hours: 30-40 per week (negotiable)
Salary: £40,835-£48,164 (plus generous benefits package), based on full-time salary
Fixed Term: 18 month initial contract
Our organisation has seen steady growth over the years, and to facilitate this further, we have an exciting new role within the executive team. The successful candidate has a unique opportunity to drive the organisation forward by leading on the implementation of our organisational programmes, impact, fundraising and associated compliance work. They will join an established management team, providing critical leadership skills and processes. The successful candidate will have a determination to keep young people at the centre of all that we do.
1. The post holder will provide comprehensive leadership support to all Positive Youth Foundation business activity, as well as supporting the wider strategic direction of the Foundation.
2. To support the continuous improvement of the organisation through the development and delivery of a robust business plan to cover:
- Fundraising/Sustainability Strategy
- Compliance of contracts
- Performance, Impact and Learning
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Overall management responsibility for Positive Youth Foundation programmes
2. Ensure compliance of contracts and agreements across the organisations business
3. Support the ongoing development and delivery of cross-organisational processes and procedures, relevant to our core business areas
4. Work closely with the Executive Team to ensure continuous improvement of PYF provision, partnerships and outcomes for young people
5. To lead on our performance, impact and learning frameworks to inform and influence strategic decisions of PYF
6. To maximise the level of external funding aimed at improving or extending provision, delivered through a robust inward investment strategy
Skills and Abilities:
Experience and Education:
PYF puts safeguarding at the forefront of all its activities. The successful applicant will demonstrate their firm commitment to effective safeguarding practises and high professional standards around all safeguarding issues. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
PYF are fully committed to the fair treatment of its staff, potential staff or users of its services, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. We actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates, including those with criminal records.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV with a supporting cover letter outlining your suitability against the job description, or complete the standard Application Form.