Contract type: Permanent / Full time
Reports to: Premier League Charitable Fund Planning and Projects Executive
Responsible for: Delivering events and workforce development opportunities
Location: Premier League Charitable Fund, Brunel Building, Paddington
As part of a growing team, this role is instrumental in ensuring the Premier League Charitable Fund (PLCF) delivers a high-quality programme of events and training to Programme participants and Club Community Organisations (CCOs) that the PLCF funds. You will be responsible for supporting across the team to plan and deliver events including tournaments, festivals, training and professional development.
Who we are
Established in 2010, the PLCF is one of the biggest sports charities in the world, with an annual budget in excess of £35m. The independent charity supports Club Community Organisations (CCOs) in delivering high quality projects and evidences its success to key stakeholders.
Aligned with the Premier League (PL) Communities strategy, the PLCF is highly ambitious and aims to create positive and lasting sporting, social, health and education outcomes for a wide range of beneficiaries, especially children and young people. The PLCF team supports and inspires impactful work via 92+ CCOs, including those in the PL and English Football League (EFL). In turn, their work directly benefits more than 500,000 individuals at thousands of community venues and schools each year.
Within the Premier League Charitable Fund (PLCF) you will have responsibility for event logistics, timetabling, liaising with event partners including venues, delivery partners, programme coordinators, participants and others. You will report to an experienced PLCF team member, who will help to guide you, but you will need to manage logistics including delegates’ joining instructions and follow-up information, ensuring everyone involved in the events has a smooth and enjoyable experience. You will help to create programmes for innovative and exciting events which will deliver once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. This will range from national football and sporting tournaments to Trophy Tours at individual schools.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Management of event logistics including invitations, bookings, delegate management (before and after events) and trainer liaison for PLCF events and training sessions;
- Administrative and logistical support to ensure the safe and successful delivery of PLCF events including PL Kicks Cup, PLPS Tournament, PL Inspires etc;
- Preparation in the run up to events (invitations, event materials, brochures, badges, goody bags, delivery of kit and equipment etc) and on the day (registration duties, participant and guest management, venue liaison, etc);
- Coordination of evaluation and feedback from events and training, collation of findings for lessons learned reports;
- Production and maintenance of training calendar and monthly/6-weekly training update – to include PLCF events and events run by others – Charity Commission, NCVO etc;
- Booking venues, travel and accommodation for events and training as required;
- Processing and managing invoices in relation to events and WFD;
- Support coordination and delivery of twice-annual programme coordinator events for each programme (delivering in support of Programme leads who would develop programme but delegate logistics);
- Support for the Planning and Projects Executive as well as wider team administrative support including but not limited to covering some of the duties of the Team Administrative Assistant during periods of absence and/or leave.
Requirements for the role
- Experience of working on events or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to communicate well to a range of audiences, and using different mediums, with written skills to an excellent standard
- Experience of using survey software such as SurveyMonkey and creating complex surveys
- Good numeracy and financial management and budgeting experience
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage a complex network of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills
- Team player with excellent planning and organisational ability, and a flexible and helpful approach to supporting colleagues when necessary
- Ability to work independently, using own initiative
- Ability to work effectively at pace and under pressure, make sound judgement calls and solve problems
- High level of computer proficiency, particularly with MS Office packages
- Willingness to travel within England and Wales
- Satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Nice-to-haves for the role
- Knowledge of event management systems and software (Eventbrite etc)
- Football and sport knowledge / interest
The Premier League Charitable Fund is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made based on merit. The closing date for applications is Friday 3 April 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.