This is a key income generation role for Premier, the UK’s leading Christian Media charity and will involve; relationship building with a wide range of supporters and stakeholders to secure long-term financial support for the charity.
This role will work within a small but dynamic fundraising team to build Premier’s Major Donor supporter base. Identifying and cultivating potential supporters of Premier through our expansive network of relationships, bringing supporters into committed giving programmes and raising funds for Premier’s Leap Of Faith capital campaign which will raise funds to establish the first ever Centre of Digital Excellence for Christian Media in the UK.
A unique opportunity for a talented fundraiser to expand their experience in an exciting media environment which will involve relationship building with high net worth individuals and through prestige events, working with audiences of brands such as Premier Christian Radio, Christianity magazine and Unbelievable?
JOB TITLE: Senior Major Donor Fundraiser
LOCATION: London (SW1P)
HOURS OF WORK: 35 per week
REPORTING TO: Director of Fundraising
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000pa depending on skills and experience
Key tasks and responsibilities;
- Be an engaging, empathetic and effective ambassador for Premier
- Contribute to the development of effective cases for support and wider fundraising materials to ensure integration of core messaging and strategic objectives Implement agreed Major Donor fundraising strategies
- Manage a portfolio of donors & prospects, in order to generate major gifts and multi-year pledges, through a mix of face-to-face and desk-based (phone) relationship building
- Establishing a pipeline of opportunity and delivering all aspects of the donor journey including research, cultivation, briefing, ask and stewardship phases for each prospect either in person or by the CEO, other senior colleagues, Board members or volunteer ambassadors
- Achieve donation targets by growing support from existing Major Donors, as well as identifying and securing new Major Donors, bringing them into a closer relationship with Premier
- Help organise and manage regular cultivation events for prospective donors
- Attend cultivation events e.g. parliamentary events in the House Of Lords, music events such as the Premier Gospel Awards, awards ceremonies and a wide variety of conferencing events throughout the UK, with the aim of leveraging the events programme and content production to build a strong portfolio of relationships and/or in support of the wider fundraising programme
Reporting and Pipeline Development:
- Conduct ongoing desk-based research to qualify existing contacts, maximising on Premier’s extensive existing database
- Maintain a diary of one to one prospect meetings at Premier’s radio studios in Central London
- Maintain accurate records of interactions with donors and volunteer leaders and regularly update a tracking system
- Deliver responsible fundraising as per the IOF Code of Practice, demonstrating a genuine duty of care for Premier’s supporter base.
To undertake any other reasonable tasks as required by the Director Of Fundraising
Qualifications and Experience;
- Degree educated/Member of Institute of Fundraising
- At least 4 years’ experience working in face to face cultivation of support which could be within Community, Corporate or Major Donor fundraising roles
- Good demonstrable experience in target driven roles
- Proven success in relationship building and creativity in approach, taking a prospect through to Major Donor status
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Institute of Fundraising accreditation (desirable but not essential)
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge (desirable but not essential)
Abilities and skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – spoken, written & face-to-face
- An understanding of the broad Christian community
- Confident in relationship building with a natural ability to adapt appropriately to different audiences
- Highly developed organisational, administrative skills and the competency to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient IT skills and related software packages
- Results driven but a team player
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Regional travel may be required so an ability & enthusiasm for travel is essential
- Ambitious and pro-active nature
The post-holder will work within a Christian environment and therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have sympathy and understanding for the Christian faith
Due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.