37.5 hours/week @ £31 - £34k pro rata (depending on skills and experience) but could also consider part-time working
Home-based with occasional meetings in Oxford and London area
This is an exciting opportunity to join Primary Care International (PCI). We are seeking an experienced project manager to co-ordinate and ensure the timely and effective implementation of PCI’s GIZ funded projects, in Libya, as well as other projects in PCI’s portfolio.
We are looking for someone to start in January 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Working flexibly from home, you will play an important role in our small, friendly team helping us to deliver successful projects in Libya and across a range of settings globally for a number of partners including some high-profile international agencies.
Specifically, you will join a small programmes team made up of a Digital Project Manager, Project Manager (this role) and a Head of Programmes (line manager of this role) who sit within a wider management / operational team.
About Primary Care International (PCI)
PCI was launched as a social enterprise in 2014. Our vision is a world where everyone has access to the quality healthcare needed to live fulfilling lives. We work to strengthen primary healthcare globally with a focus on quality, resilience and equity. We do this by partnering with others to co-create, learn, innovate, catalyse change and advocate.
PCI seeks to find sustainable solutions for delivering quality and cost-effective front-line healthcare worldwide. To date we have worked with clinicians in more than 34 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Mexico in a diverse range of settings. PCI seeks specifically to grow the capability of the health workforce to learn and develop, raising clinical care standards, addressing related health systems issues, and ultimately delivering improved health outcomes.
· Responsible for day-to-day management of projects in your portfolio
· Working alongside PCI’s Clinical Director and clinical teams and Head of Programmes, act as the main team contact point with partners, for projects in your portfolio
· Ensure project plans and timelines are in place and work with the relevant parties to review and revise them as needed
· Co-ordinate PCI teams and external contractors to ensure they realise agreed deliverables in a timely manner
· Prepare for and participate in meetings with donors and partners
· Responsible for any administrative tasks associated with project implementation
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
· Ensure monitoring plans and indicators are in place to track progress of projects
· Draft reports and ensure that they are submitted to donors/partners on time
· Create other reports for internal, external, and key stakeholder use
· Participate in lesson learning sessions with project teams, document lessons and ensure that relevant ones are considered and integrated into new projects
· Collate, format and proof-read any training materials or project-related materials
Procurement and Selection process of consultants and external companies
· Draft Terms of Reference or requests for quotations for specific pieces of work
· Co-ordinate the tender and selection process to identify and select consultants, PCI’s Clinical Associates or specialist companies
· Ensure compliance with PCI and donor procurement procedures
· Ensure the tender process and final decisions are documented clearly
Financial Monitoring and Management
· Undertake project-related financial management tasks such as monitoring income and expenditure and support the internal quarterly reforecasting process
· Prepare cash requests or invoice requests
· Prepare financial reports for projects
· Support preparation of documentation for project-level audits
Logistical support for travel
· Organise any international travel or related logistics and ensure that organisational processes around travel security and risk assessment are followed
· Working with the Head of Programmes, support the drafting of proposals and budgets for new projects
Your application will need to demonstrate the following:
1. Experience within an NGO, social enterprise or non-profit organisation working with international development partners
2. Excellent project management skills and ability to implement robust project management systems to manage and monitor implementation of projects to the required standard and within tight timelines (often under pressure)
3. Proven experience of managing grants from institutional donors (eg GiZ) and good understanding of donor compliance (eg reporting, procurement etc)
4. Solid financial management experience (budgeting, monitoring, reporting, reforecasting)
5. Fluent spoken and written English
6. Ability to manage complex and evolving projects, including international travel and provide remote support to project related activities
7. Excellent IT skills and aptitude for digital solutions
8. Strong communicator with good relationship building skills and an ability to maintain effective working relationships, through remote means, with diverse stakeholders
9. Resourceful, proactive, flexible, ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Experience of working on health-related projects in resource-limited settings
2. Basic proficiency in written and spoken Arabic preferred
3. Able to travel internationally, if required, to provide logistical support to training workshops
4. Experience of leading internal meetings and managing stakeholder expectations.
Please note that this is a UK based role and applicants must not only have the right to live and work in the UK, but also be currently resident here. We cannot accept applications from anyone who does not meet this requirement, nor do we have the capacity to manage any complex residential or immigration arrangements.
What We Offer
- Home-based working
- Flexibility and autonomy around hours worked
- 25 days annual leave plus TOIL
- 5% pension contributions
- Membership of an employee perks scheme (Rewards Gateway)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.