Home-based with occasional meetings in Oxford/Warwickshire area or London
12 month fixed-term contract with likelihood of extension subject to funding.
During busy periods, flexibility to occasionally work additional (paid) hours would be useful.
We are an agile social enterprise looking for a Digital Learning Administrator to provide effective support across our digital learning portfolio, working specifically with the Digital Project Manager in our busy programmes team.
Working flexibly from home, you will play an important role in our small, friendly team helping us to deliver engaging and accessible learning courses via the PCI Academy, hosted on Talent LMS. Our partners include some very high-profile international NGOs, UN agencies and other organisations. Specifically, you will join a small programmes team made up of two Project Managers and a Head of Programmes who sit within a wider management / operational team. Your line manager will be the Digital Project Manager.
This role will support a global portfolio of blended online learning courses aimed at primary healthcare practitioners. This will involve supporting existing courses, the development of new courses and assisting with the delivery of interactive online workshops.
This is an exciting time to be joining PCI as we are rapidly scaling up our digital capabilities to deliver existing and new projects. Whilst full training on the PCI Learning Management System will be provided, we are looking to appoint someone with prior experience. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their digital learning support skills further or interested to work in international development. No international travel is foreseen as part of this role.
1. Support Digital Project Manager to manage PCI’s Learning Management System
- Manage the helpdesk on the PCI Academy. This includes monitoring and responding to queries on a regular basis
- Support the Digital Project Manager to set up and manage branches and courses on the PCI Academy. This includes:
- Collating and uploading resources
- Testing the functionality of courses before they go live
- Ensuring participants upload the correct documents (eg action plans, training logbooks)
- Create templates for regular tasks eg workshop reminders
- Sending updates/ reminders to participants
- Managing the translation of course content with external translation companies
- Create participant accounts and provide other technical support to participants
- Create certificates for all courses
- Support the Programmes Team to monitor and evaluate its online courses
- Download user progress reports and test / evaluation results on a regular basis
- Support with collation of results
- Ensure PCI Associates have the relevant access to the PCI Academy and know how to navigate and use the PCI Academy. This may include running mini-induction sessions
- Support the Digital Project Manager to keep up to date with the evolution of relevant digital technology to support PCI to deliver high quality digital courses
2. Live online workshops
- Provide support to PCI’s Clinical Associates in preparing and running live online workshops
- Set up, edit and upload recordings of live workshops (on zoom)
3. Online collaboration and communication platform (January – May 2022)
- Oversee the transition from Samepage to a new project management platform (including movement of documents) and support PCI to get set up on the new platform
- Provide support to PCI operations and clinical teams on the new project management platform
- Experience working with learning management systems / e-learning platforms or other content management systems
- Experience of managing helpdesks
- Excellent digital skills and aptitude for digital solutions
- Good understanding of Zoom or other similar online conferencing platforms
- Solid customer service skills and strong communicator
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Proactive and takes own initiative to support team working
- Access to broadband internet for home-working
- Efficient, organised, accurate record-keeper and good attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrable ability to work in a systematic and methodical way
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK and actually be resident here.
- Experience with Zen Desk
- Familiarity with Dropbox, SamePage, Wordpress (or similar and/or a quick learner)
- Web development experience
- Experience of basic coding (HTML CSS)
- Ability to work flexibly, including occasional evenings and weekends
Please note that this role is open to UK residents only. Please do not apply if you do not have the right to live & work in the UK or are not resident in the UK. We will not consider applicants who do not meet this criteria.
PCI is committed to providing equal opportunities for all, irrespective of age, disability, marital or partnership status, religion/belief, working pattern, caring responsibilities, gender and gender identity, race and sexual orientation. We recognise the value of diversity and seek to promote this in all aspects of our work. We actively encourage applications from people of colour, those with lived experience in the settings where we work, and other under-represented groups.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.