This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their charity finance experience within a progressive and supportive organisation.The successful candidate will have an in-depth working knowledge of accountancy software package Sage 50, be adept at accurately & efficiently processing payments and responsible for delivering an upskill programme across the organisation.
Prism the Gift Fund (Prism) increases giving to charity by offering a personal service to those donating large sums of money. We are a registered charity working with high net worth individuals, foundations and groups of donors to administer their charitable giving. Our growing team is a talented team of exceptional colleagues who are professional, dynamic and hard working. We have currently been shortlisted by the Charity Times for 3 awards including Best Trustee Board, Best Supporting Leader and Best Charity with an income of over £10m.
Our CEO Anna Josse was featured in the latest episode of @IG_Advisors' podcast #WhatDonorsWant - where she discusses all things #philanthropy & #fundraising at @Prismgiftfund, and how charities can take advantage of #DAFs. Be sure to have a listen! https://apple.co/39PIb0c
- Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager, this role will be critical in ensuring all SAGE activity with the organisation is accurate and delivered to a high standard
- Monthly reconciliation of Sage and client statements
- Ensuring payments are processed accurately and in timely & efficiently
- Verifying & proofing payments, and sending payment confirmations
- Dealing with queries related to payments processed from client and bank
- Filing and Raising invoices
- Updating and maintaining client statements and internal client records system to a high standard, ensuring attention to detail and correlation with Sage
- Preparing and updating various exceptions reports
- Preparing quarterly VAT reports
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Provide support to the Relationship Managers on quarterly client statements and annual tax statements
- Support the Senior Finance Manager and team with ad-hoc tasks
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial finance professional who can work quickly to get the processes and controls working smoothly. We are looking for someone talented and engaging, with a positive attitude to work who can quickly develop the team towards a high-quality financial service function. You will be highly organised, conscientious and process driven with the ability to deliver real results and help drive the performance of Prism forward.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Highly numerate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a bookkeeper working on accountancy software package SAGE 50
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to communicate effectively at all levels and with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience of working with confidential or sensitive data with knowledge of how to communicate and store information safely
- Focused with meticulous attention to detail and proven ability to undertake tasks required to a high level of accuracy
- Extremely organised with the ability to work under pressure, use initiative and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel intermediate to expert level
- Passionate about Prism and what we do
- Knowledge and understanding of the Charity Sector – highly desirable
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.