We are looking for a pro-active and conscientious individual with excellent communication skills to join our small team in our office in Marylebone, Central London. Prism the Gift Fund (Prism) has a talented team of exceptional colleagues who are professional, dynamic and hard working.
This role within Prism offers the unusual opportunity to work with both the charitable and private sectors such as law firms, accountancy firms and private banks. We are a niche organisation that provides clients with the high level of service that they expect in the private sector while fulfilling their charitable goals. Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Relationship Development Manager will have a portfolio of HNW donors who you will personally manage and administer their giving.
You will support and work closely with the CEO and Head of Business Development to secure and maintain donation income from High-Net-Worth (HNW) donors. You will be a key player in stewarding philanthropy prospects through networking events, one to one meetings and other opportunities to represent Prism and talk passionately about what we do. This full-time role has significant potential for growth, and you will have the opportunity to generate your own leads to support Prism as the charity continues to develop and excel.
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANISATION
Prism the Gift Fund, Prism, is a UK registered charity, and company limited by guarantee in England and Wales. We are an entrepreneurial and dynamic charity, working with HNW individuals, foundations and groups of donors to administer their charitable giving.
Our growing team is a talented group of exceptional colleagues who are professional, entrepreneurial and hardworking. This year, Prism is proud to be 74th out of the top 3000 charities in the UK in its level of donation income, top 15 best charities to work for and one of the Escape 100: Best companies to escape to in 2019! We also won the Luxury Briefing Award for Best Philanthropy Offering in 2020 and Trustee Board of the Year in the Charity Times Awards 2020. Prism’s donation income in financial year end June 2020 was £94m and it distributed £53m to charities around the world. Prism’s mission is to increase the flow of funds into the charitable sector which we deliver through two key offerings:
•Donor Advised Fund (DAF) services to HNW / UHNW individuals & families who channel their national and international philanthropy through Prism as a time, cost, and tax effective alternative to one’s own grant making foundation.
•Collective Fund services - charitable, finance, and governance infrastructure - to groups who want to create brands or projects of a charitable nature under Prism’s auspices. The Collective enters into a relationship with Prism, benefiting from our charitable expertise, a full administrative service including due diligence and disbursement of the funds raised in their name.
• To oversee and administer the giving of a portfolio of approximately 20 HNW donors and manage these important relationships
• To support the Head of Business Development with prospective clients by liaising directly with private client advisers and clients on new business queries
• To work with Prism’s Head of Business Development to build Prism’s network of referrals by attending events, running presentations, and connecting with existing and new advisory firms
• To support the CEO and Head of Business Development on all aspects of the Donor Advised Fund division of Prism
• You will be self-motivated and highly organised with the ability to work autonomously and take ownership for your own workload and schedule
• You will be a natural at developing relationships with excellent communication skills and a determination to identify opportunities and represent Prism
• You will be happy to work in a team and support the CEO and Head of Business Development
• You will be an instinctive and ambitious individual who can inspire and manage high-powered individuals and understand the relevance of Prism and its expertise for their philanthropy
• You will be a confident speaker both on the phone and at events and will relish the opportunity to promote Prism and communicate with ease the technical details of what we do
• A good understanding of the level of service required by HNW individuals in the private sector and a passion for delivering exceptional donor stewardship
• You will have a track record and experience in developing and managing strong relationships with HNW donors.
• An understanding of the charity sector would be an advantage but is not essential
• Competitive salary with a discretionary end of year bonus
• Starting annual leave entitlement of 22 days rising with length of service to a maximum of 25 days
• Option to participate in our cycle to work scheme
• Pension scheme
• A supportive “family-feeling” organisation
• Excellent training and development opportunities
Closing date and interviews: we are accepting applications and interviewing on a rolling basis.
First interviews will take place remotely vi a Zoom video call.
Please provide evidence of your ability to match the criteria outlined in the role competencies and ensure your cover letter includes details of your latest salary and notice period.
Please send a CV and covering letter as part of your application. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.