An exciting opportunity for a pro-active and conscientious individual with excellent numerical and organisation skills to join a small team at our offices in Marylebone.
This role has been newly created to support the Help Refugees charity and will be a key part of our Collective Fund team focusing on data processing as well as other financial administration and office tasks.
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANISATION
Prism the Gift Fund is a UK registered charity, and company limited by guarantee in England and Wales. We have been named as one of the Best Charities to Work For in the UK in 2020, ranking no. 13 in the UK on the inaugural Third Sector/Best Companies shortlist! Our mission is to increase the flow of funds into the charitable sector which we deliver through 3 key offerings:
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF) services to HNW / UHNW individuals & families who channel their national and international philanthropy through Prism the Gift Fund as a time, cost, and tax effective alternative to one’s own grant making foundation.
- Collective Fund services - charitable, finance, and governance infrastructure - to groups who want to create brands or projects of a charitable nature under the auspices of Prism the Gift Fund. The Collective Fund founders enter into a relationship with Prism, benefiting from our charitable expertise and where we provide the administration, due diligence and disbursement of the funds raised in their name.
- Foundation administration - Prism can assist foundations with a whole host of services to ensure that the foundation runs smoothly, at a much lower cost than a staff member and an office.
The service offerings have increased exponentially in popularity over the last five years, with the charity’s income and grant making last year being in excess of £44 million and £32 million respectively.
- Maintain accurate information on the internal database as well as other accounting tools
- Support the Finance team in maintaining the correct processes to ensure all financial data is captured and reported on a timely basis
- Process Gift Aid claims and support the team with other VAT related administrative tasks
- Assist the Compliance Officer with the administration of Help Refugees services
- Ensure thank you letters are drafted and sent to donors appropriately
- Assist with answering the phone and fielding enquiries
- Maintain an organised computer filing system
- Work with the Help Refugees team to provide further administrative support
- Ensure the smooth running of day to day office operations
- Support and deliver other projects and tasks in line with developing your skills and experience
- Graduate or equivalent mix of qualifications and experience
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to identify key points from complex material
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills to a wide range of people at all levels of situations on the phone, face to face and in writing, for engagement with staff, Trustees and external contacts
- Able to prioritise a varied and fast paced workload
- Able to make judgement as to when to take the initiative
- Self-motivated, proactive and solution driven in approach
- Passionate and interested in the charitable sector.
Please apply via email with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be part of the Prism the Gift Fund team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.