This role has been created to support Prism the Gift Fund's growing team with general office administration as well as data processing and other financial administrative tasks. Prism is a talented team of exceptional colleagues who are professional, dynamic and hard working.
WHO WE ARE
Prism the Gift Fund (Prism) increases giving to charity by offering a personal service to those donating large sums of money. We are an entrepreneurial and dynamic charity, working with high net worth individuals, foundations and groups of donors to administer their charitable giving. Our growing team is a talented team of exceptional colleagues who are professional, dynamic and hard working and we’re proud to be one of the Escape 100: Best companies to escape to in 2019! We also won the Luxury Briefing Award for Best Philanthropy Offering this year and the MPF Award for Management Excellence 2018 for ‘Best Philanthropy Engagement’.
Prism the Gift Fund is a UK registered charity, and company limited by guarantee in England and Wales. Our mission is to increase the flow of funds into the charitable sector which we deliver through 2 key offerings:
• Donor Advised Fund (DAF) services to HNW / UHNW individuals & families who channel their national and international philanthropy through Prism the Gift Fund as a time, cost, and tax effective alternative to one’s own grant making foundation.
• Collective Fund services - charitable, finance, and governance infrastructure - to groups who want to create brands or projects of a charitable nature under the auspices of Prism the Gift Fund. The Collective enters into a relationship with Prism, benefiting from our charitable expertise and where we provide the administration, due diligence and disbursement of the funds raised in their name.
Both of the charity's service offerings have increased exponentially in popularity over the last five years, with Prism's income and grant making to charities around the world last year being in excess of £45m and £25m respectively.
· Maintenance of office systems including answering the telephone and re-directing calls, filing, meeting and greeting clients, collecting and managing incoming post and drafting timely replies to incoming correspondence
· Act as a first point of contact for the office and support Relationship Managers with responding to general enquiries from individuals, organisations and other stakeholders
· Provide administrative support to Relationship Managers
· Liaise with and support our internal team to ensure all donations are processed and recorded efficiently
· Work with the Collective Fund team to capture relevant account management information
· Ensure thank-you letters are drafted and sent to donors
· Support and deliver other projects and tasks in line with developing your skills and experience
· Minimum Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above
· Previous work experience essential
· Excellent organisation and administration skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong numerical skills
· Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
· Professional interpersonal and communication skills to a wide range of people at all levels of situations on
the phone, face to face and in writing, for engagement with staff, Trustees and external contacts
· Since the successful candidate will be communicating with clients on a regular basis, a proficiency in both written and spoken English is necessary.
· Able to prioritise a varied and fast paced workload
· Able to make judgement as to when to take the initiative
· Passionate and interested in the Charity Sector
WORKING HOURS: 9.00 – 17.30, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.