Thank you for your interest in joining the trustee board of Prisoners of Conscience (PoC).
We are recruiting one or two trustees, preferably with experience in and a track record of fundraising and/or achieving significant income growth, to add to the existing skills of our trustee board. This is an exciting time for PoC as we invest in skills and resources to exponentially grow income to achieve greater transformation for our beneficiaries.
Our vision is a world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We provide grants and practical support to transform the lives of people who have been persecuted for their acts of conscience to protect and advance human rights around the world.
As a trustee you would:
- be committed to good charity governance, the duties of trustees and our values
- play a full and engaged role on a supportive trustee board
- scrutinise grant applications
- attend four trustee board meetings each year at our London office
- assist in putting in place strategies and plans for growth
- promote PoC’s work externally
Skills and experience
- A strong interest in human rights
- Track record of fundraising and/or business growth, possibly with experience in marketing, sales, advertising, PR or social media.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.