Contract: Permanent Contract
Working hours: Full time
Other salary information: Generous workplace pension, we can offer a modest relocation fund
Location: London, United Kingdom
Responsible for developing and implementing the full supporter journey, including: strategic use of public communications and media, cultivating audiences on social media channels, drawing attention to our work, motivating them to engage in our campaigns and support PI.
Guide colleagues on audience-centred communications that focus on various stages of the supporter journey.
Develop and deploy a membership scheme, including providing member support.
Work towards optimising income generation from public donations and develop an ongoing commitment from supporters.
Create interesting content for our supporter communications which will involve showcasing our Case for Support, appeals and engagement opportunities.
About our work:
We are a London-based charity working on a set of pressing issues under our four-year strategic plan. Currently funded predominantly by foundations, we are seeking to diversify our income sources. Our public fundraising operations are at a nascent stage. We have a new audience-centered communications and public engagement strategy, and a draft fundraising strategy. We are soon deploying a new brand, developed with these goals in mind. We are exploring new ways of engaging for greater reach. We will soon be launching a new website and digital public-engagement platform. Our approach and our tools place a priority on being privacy-protective and secure.
You are curious about the state and direction of the world. You are aware about how technologies and modes of engagement are changing across the world. You are creative, interested in experimenting to find new ways of reaching people and understand what motivates them to support our work. With us, you want to rewrite the textbook on how to do public engagement in global and changing communications environments.
Everyone at PI works to build a good and resilient organisation, where we are always looking to learn and grow. We lead by example to make the most of our opportunities to shape the future. We work with others, including our network of partners across the world, to understand, engage and build a movement. We use creative approaches to deliver our work and share what we learn.
- Proven experience of creating and delivering successful programmes and campaigns to improve supporter journey, utilising traditional and digital techniques.
- Experience of using social media marketing/advertising and digital fundraising/communications for supporter acquisition to build an online community and income generation.
- Strong communication skills to speak confidently and in a friendly manner to our supporters and let your passion for our cause shine through in your communications.
- Knowledge of fundraising practice; including various individual giving methods, payment processors, Gift Aid, and data protection.
- Using ‘Customer Relationship Management’ tools, in particular in terms of creating targeted segmented communications to diverse audiences.
- Highly numerate - with proven ability to analyse and interpret campaign results, performance reports and marketing data to draw conclusions and make recommendations;
- Ability to manage projects and campaigns, work in teams, and incorporate lessons into future planning.
- Experience of fundraising for an international not-for-profit
- Knowledge of creative design software
- Knowledge of video editing and other modes of communication
- Knowledge of global social media and media markets, dynamics, and emerging trends
- A second language will be considered an advantage
To apply, please send:
1. a CV (not more than two pages)
2. a covering letter (not more than two pages)
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2020, 23:59 BST.
Please send the requested material in one email. (Please include the title of the post you are applying for in the subject of the email).
Only complete applications will be considered.
The candidates who we choose to interview will be contacted by the end of the day on Wednesday, 01 April 2020. Interviews will take place in London on 03, 06 and 07 April 2020 – please reserve these days for a possible interview. We can arrange video conference interviews with candidates based outside of London.
We may conduct a second round of interviews, which will be decided only after the first round of interviews takes place. If necessary, the second round of interviews would be held during the week commencing 20 April 2020.
For information about how Privacy International will use your data during recruitment please see Privacy International’s website.