We are looking for a Senior Project Manager (SPM) to join the Services team at Pro Bono Economics (PBE). This is an exciting opportunity for a senior manager to apply their skills and expertise to a range of interesting projects in the charity sector. The SPM will work directly with a wide variety of charities – from helping them understand and articulate their impacts to the delivery of full-blown economic evaluation reports outlining their benefits to society.
Post type: Full-time or part-time, fixed-term (24 months). Flexible arrangements will be considered
Reports to: Director of Services
Main duties and tasks:
- Timely delivery of charity projects with volunteers and external consultants, ensuring clear communications and reporting to all relevant stakeholders
- Delivery of the other PBE services including impact workshops
- Line management
- Measure and report on performance, including project evaluations
- Maintain structure and systems to ensure high quality, high value service
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Assist with business development activities
- Assist with marketing and comms activities including development of collateral
Pro Bono Economics uses economics to empower the social sector and to increase wellbeing across the UK. We combine project work for individual charities and social enterprises with policy research that can drive systemic change.
We have worked with over 500 charities since our inception in 2009. Working with our network of both experienced consultant economists and economist volunteers from across the private, public and third sectors, we help charities and social enterprises appreciate their economic and social impact and so improve their overall effectiveness.
The core deliverables of the services team are impact measurement and evaluations, considered through an economic lens. We work with charities right through their impact measurement lifecycle by:
- Helping them to develop a clear logic model for how their activities link to the outcomes they want to see and identify what data they need to capture, as well as what publicly available data sources they can draw on.
- Providing analytical support to allow charities to make statements such as ‘for every £1 invested in our work, we deliver £x of benefits to wider society’ and/or demonstrate their value in wellbeing terms. Organisations have used the findings from our evaluations to support campaigning, fundraising and to improve service delivery.
More recently, we have embarked on an exciting new phase of our development, adding a dedicated in-house research and policy function to supplement our charity projects with ‘macro’ insights into the value and the potential of civil society in the 2020s. Armed with fresh content, we want to play an enhanced role in actively shaping the policy debate in the UK.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with strong experience working in a senior service delivery role. This role would suit a candidate with a passion for delivery excellence and who is excited by the prospect of working in a growing charity, helping the Director of Services shape services delivery. You should thrive on working in a team environment and have an interest in impact evaluation and putting your influencing skills to good use to achieve the goals of the projects.
Ideal characteristics include:
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Great problem-solving skills
- An eye for detail and a strong dedication to quality
- Proven ability to work independently and manage priorities, deadlines and projects that may involve multiple contributors, including volunteers
- Strong people manager
- A commitment to PBE’s focus on using economics to drive wellbeing improvements in the UK
Desirable characteristics include:
- Experience working with CRM systems; and
- Knowledge of/experience in the voluntary sector
PBE is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.