Bid Cost and Pricing Lead
Bid Costing and Pricing Lead - up to £59,600 London
For a well-known International NGO operating in 40 countries worldwide, we are recruiting a Bid Costing and Pricing Lead - Programme Design and Development. Reporting to the Head of Donor Finance, this role will partner with the Programme Design and Development Team to secure new funding via first-class responses to country-level, multi country, regional and global opportunities for donor funding. Supporting the country programmes, this role will develop high quality cost proposals, cost analysis and value for money. This role will ensure overall quality of cost proposals and bid submissions while building capability of in-country support teams to create effective cost proposals and program budgets. This role manages two Cost and Pricing Analysts.
- Develop Cost Proposals: Leading the coordination of the Donor cost proposal; Maintain the budget template and cost guidance for country programs,
- Manage relationships: Create and distribute information packs for partners with supporting financial information and ensure documents meet Donor expectations
- For multi-country bids, provide guidance and budget inputs on country programmes, donor teams and regional finance teams
- Ensure handover from proposal stage to securing a project is effectively managed between operations and the Donor compliance team
- Advise on Donor guidelines: Track donor cost proposal requirements and priorities including KPIs, reporting guidelines and value for money
- Business Partner Programme Design and Development Team: Maintain and improve opportunity and success tracking systems; Liaise with SMT to ensure opportunities reflect accurate costs and success ratios; Support SMT with MI on funding pipelines, performance, and forecasting
- Develop tools for budget and cost proposal MI
- Develop and roll out new processes, procedures, systems, and reporting templates globally.
- Develop management systems to catalogue bid resources and proposal submissions
- Management and development of the Cost and Pricing Analyst
- Proven experience of developing competitive multi-million donor programme budgets (FCDO, Gates Foundation)
- Skills in developing value for money analysis, budget narratives and cost competitiveness assessments
- Proven experience of data analysis and visualisation for internal and external audiences
- Experience in managing complex business processes
- Budget and program management experience
- Proven experience working in international program management of NGO
- Advanced Excel skills including H/Vlookup, If and nested If statements, Sumif/countif function, cell validation and goal seek (will be tested)
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.