Finance Systems Accountant: Flexible Location, Permanent £48,000 - £52,000
For a renowned animal and conservation charity, we are recruiting a permanent Finance Systems Accountant. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role will provide key systems and user support across the organisations systems to its Finance department as well as the interface with the overseas offices. The Finance Systems Accountant supports the Sun Systems platform as well as QuickBooks, Compleat and other financial process systems. This role can be worked from home and this organisation has a very flexible work-life balance.
- Manage the day-to-day systems maintenance and stakeholder support across Sun Systems, QuickBooks, Q&A, Compleat and PowerBI
- Coordinate patch and bug updates and software upgrades
- Systems training for new starters as well as access and systems administration for current users
- Oversee the running of the Purchase to Pay system, supporting all users
- Upload budgets, forecasts, bulk journals into Sun ledgers
- Manage all month-end and year-end system processes
- Day-to-day ledger and systems maintenance liaising with 3rd party providers
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Work with the Director of Finance on system upgrades, migrations, and ad hoc projects
What will you bring to this role?
- Qualified accountant with strong Finance systems skills
- Ideally Sun and Vision experience with QuickBooks and Power BI
- Track record in the maintenance and administration of accounting and reporting systems
- Experience in system processes enhancements or implementations
- Experience from a dynamic, fast moving commercial or non-profit organisation
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.