Permanent , Full Time
The role involves assisting in the investigation of breaches of regulations and potential misconduct on the part of accountants, accountancy firms or actuaries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with limited supervision on individual investigations into misconduct/ breaches of relevant requirements by fellow professional accountants, audit firms or actuaries.
- Determining the avenues of enquiry; using expertise to identify sources of evidence and requesting provision of documentation and information.
- Undertaking significant or complex areas of an investigation.
- Identifying and working with internal experts to clarify relevant accounting, audit, actuarial or professional standards.
- Using forensic skills to determine the approach to the review and analysis of all material obtained including experience in the use of electronic search platforms.
- Preparing and conducting disciplinary interviews with subject partners and external lawyers.
- Preparation of an objective report of investigation findings to form the basis of instructions to the expert and external counsel and of further action on the case.
- Agreeing and meeting deadlines for investigation work and working with the case lawyer to meet deadlines for the case.
On larger cases -
- Assisting more senior forensic accountants in the conduct of investigations including undertaking personally specific areas of the investigation and contributing to overall work product.
- Where appropriate, supervising the work of more junior team members.
The role requires specialist skill and expertise. Individuals holding this position are expected to be capable of operating with minimal supervision on smaller cases and take sole responsibility on those cases for the accuracy and quality of the work product.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Qualified accountant with significant depth and breadth of experience
- Skilled in conducting complex financial investigations involving high volumes of material.
- Skilled in investigating complex financial data.
- Proven ability to identify and focus on key issues.
- Proven ability in being able to recognise valuable lines of enquiry
- Skilled in planning and conducting technical interviews of senior individuals.
- Significant skill (written and oral) in communicating the results of investigation to a non-accounting audience.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of a regulatory disciplinary process.
- Understanding of audit.
- Experience of staff supervision and development.
- Ability to remain calm and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Determination and self-motivation to pursue complex and difficult cases.
The role is based in Central London. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team's activities.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250
The consists of five distinct brands: , , , and . If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.