Head of Corporate Finance £68,000 - £76,000 + Benefits, Glasgow
We're recruiting the Head of Corporate Finance for a Government department and independent National Regulation Authority. Reporting to the Director of Resources, and as a member of the Finance Senior Leadership Team, this critical role will provide strong technical expertise and leadership and development of highly performing teams. The Head of Corporate Finance will produce the Annual report and Accounts, leading on technical accounting, design and implement robust financial controls, ensuring they are effectively monitored, develop financial systems and reporting and contribute to high-profile reports for Central Government.
Managing the delivery of shared service operations via a team of technical accountants and transactions specialists, the Head of Corporate Finance will help design, deliver and embed a programme of transformation to improve performance and enhance focus on the customer.
- Lead development of the Corporate Finance Strategy and financial control framework
- Lead accurate preparation and completion of statutory final accounts, year-end working papers and financial returns
- Lead efficient management and delivery of all Treasury, Accounting and Transaction functions
- Ensure robust systems, controls and operations are in place to pay suppliers, SSC customers and employees
- Ensure organisational financial controls are defined
- Develop performance management and reporting framework to monitor corporate finance performance
- Continuously improve the data and information needed to track performance
- Ensure systems are in place to produce accurate and timely MI and reports
- Ensure the use of financial system and packages are optimised and developed
- Build strong relationships with the business
- Provide direction and leadership to corporate finance team to delivery high performance standards
- Ensure effective day-to-day leadership and management practices are in place
- Deputise for Director of Resources
- Develop and coach the team in their professional development
- Work with Head of Finance Transformation to develop operational efficiencies and lead implementation of improvements
- Lead on finance projects and deputise for Director of Resources
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified with proven experience in a Government organisation
- Experience of designing and delivering transformation of a large finance operation
- Proven ability to lead a large, diverse highly performing Corporate finance team
- Deep understanding of Central Government finance policy and practice
The consists of five distinct brands: , , , and .