Head of Finance - Regional and International
London with some international travel
- Are you a fully qualified CCAB Accountant (or equivalent) - ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ACMA, ACA?
- Do you have grant and donor financial reporting experience with a charity or NGO?
- Are you an experienced Head of Finance/Finance Manager who has worked on regional country programmes?
If so, our client may be interested in talking to you. You will be responsible to provide leadership and guidance on financial management & risk to the Global Influencing and Programmes directorate, delivering financial analysis and controls, working in close liaison with the Executive Director, heads of department and their teams.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include -
- To be the subject-matter expert on finance-related issues
- To support the UK-based finance roles within the Global Influencing and Programmes Directorate and mentor and supervise the work of International roles overseas.
- Develop financial analyses for new opportunities, making a full assessment of financial risk and offer alternative scenarios to inform the decision-making process based on market knowledge.
- To prepare financial action plans for priority areas, advising the Executive Director and respective heads of departments in the Global Influencing and Programmes directorate to ensure they are maximising efficiencies and financial performance to enable them to deliver the respective financial elements of the strategy.
- Identify key trends and issues impacting on financial performance, ensuring respective budgets and business plans reflect the intended activities of the charity and that any performance issues are flagged up and supported by corrective action.
- Identify opportunities for income-generation and improvements to promote efficient working practices and potential cost-saving initiatives.
- Provide financial risk overview for all departments and teams in the Global Influencing and directorate to enable decision-making in a timely manner
- Ensure that the charity adheres to the financial and grant management conditions contained in donor contracts, both at a programme and country level.
- Manage the oversight of both donor and internal audits as required, ensuring accurate project and/or departmental budgets and forecasts are developed and finalised.
- To continually seek new ways to analyse, interpret and present financial and non-financial information as appropriate.
- Deliver action-focussed commentary on the monthly and annual results, highlighting key issues and trends affecting and driving financial performance, ensuring the organisation remains a financially stable company.
- Ensure strong, robust financial controls and management oversight is in place in all regional offices in order to strengthen global consistency and continuous improvement
- Support all LC employees in the Global Influencing and directorate to understand and adhere to relevant financial policies and procedure
- Apply and monitor systems of financial control and reporting, working with the Head of Financial Services.
- Work with Head of Financial Services to ensure our financial statements give a true and fair representation of the charity's financial position, and are produced in a timely manner. Assist in the preparation and successful completion of the year-end audit, as appropriate.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250
The consists of five distinct brands: , , , and . If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.