HR Shared Services Assistant
£250 per day
- Provide 'first-line' advice to line managers and employees in the application of HR policies and procedures, including but not limited to recruitment, probation, right to work, leave and performance management. Resolve queries as promptly as possible.
- Delivery of HR services in a professional and customer focused way to support a positive employee experience that builds HR's brand and reputation including referring complex cases to the appropriate HR team member
- Respond to all queries received including via the HR Shared Services inbox and progress in line with the agreed KPIs and SLAs.
- Update and manage the content of the e-recruitment system and recruitment administration activity for all permanent, fixed term, temporary/interim and secondment recruitment, including checking for newly approved requisitions and ensuring all key data is completed.
- Provide administrative assistance to Resourcing Specialists including co-ordinating interviews / assessments and preparing interview packs.
- Manage the on-boarding process for all candidates - including creating offer letters and contracts, induction arrangements, building access and reference checking along with all associated pre-employment checks.
- Responsible for setting up all new hires on the benefits systems and being the first point of contact for employee queries.
- Process HR transactional activities including promotions, allowances, starter/leavers and payroll matters, to ensure smooth running and adherence to key business SLAs.
- Update the company's HR systems including reward and personal detail changes, ensuring timely and accurate data entry and submissions to payroll.
- Manage HR documentation confidentially and professionally in-line with the data protection act, maintaining integrity of electronic/hard copy files and document storage and complying with audit requests.
3. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Advisory Skills - including the ability to advise employees and line managers on HR policies and procedures in a commercially focused/outsourced, customer facing environment across different sites.
- Prioritisation skills & enquiry handling - ability to effectively manage a high volume of enquiries and prioritise
- Ability to support the development and implementation of HR polices and processes.
- Communication skills - with the ability to advise managers/employees of all levels, deliver difficult messages and draft accurate and detailed correspondence.
- Stakeholder management skills - including the ability to develop relationships with those interacting with the shared services team
- The ability to work autonomously when required but also collaboratively across the HR Operations team.
- Understanding of UK employment law and its application including recent changes
- CIPD qualified or studying towards CIPD qualification, or studying towards a level 5 diploma in Human Resource Management (HRM) or equivalent.
- Understanding of HR data and HR systems.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined HR function managing multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Experience of providing HR advisory services with a customer service focus
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.