Inspector - Audit Quality Review
London/Home working - 4 days a fortnight in the office
- Are you a qualified accountant with experience at senior manager level or above in the audits of listed and other public interest entities?
- Do you have strong technical auditing and accounting skills?
- Do you have the ability to understand and assess significant volumes of information quickly and through this identify aspects of potential audit quality concern?
If so, read on. A regulator may be interested in talking to you
To conduct audit file reviews and inspections of firm-wide procedures at big four, mid-tier, international and/or public sector firms (with the majority of time typically being spent reviewing FTSE 350 audits at the big 4 firms). Depending on specialism, all or a significant part of the role may focus on a particular industry sector (e.g. extractive industries or retail).
- Review audit files and aspects of firm-wide policies and procedures thoroughly and in accordance with AQR methodology. Challenge audit teams, as appropriate, on key audit judgments.
- Take a significant role in (and lead on occasions) meetings with audit engagement partners, other members of the audit team (some of whom will be other partners) and the firm's compliance teams.
- Communicate difficult messages to audit teams in a fair and balanced manner (demonstrating the technical merits of points raised and challenging the partners on judgments made and the adequacy of procedures).
- Identify issues of non-compliance with the regulatory framework, including Auditing, Ethical and Quality Control Standards and Audit Regulations.
- Complete all work steps in the relevant AQR work programmes for inspection leader/senior inspector review; draft queries to the firm and discuss with the inspection leader/senior inspector and subsequently with members of the audit team as appropriate.
- Draft reports and lead the discussion on issues raised during the file review at closing meetings with the firm.
- Participate in AQR Quality Control meetings and panels / sub-groups as may be required.
- Undertake other roles as required, such as providing input to the improvement of AQR procedures and working practices and working on Audit Firm Supervision or Audit Market Supervision team projects.
- Qualified accountant with experience at senior manager level or above in the audits of listed and other public interest entities.
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills.
- Broad business knowledge and interest to facilitate working across multiple sectors.
- Ability to understand and assess significant volumes of information quickly and through this identify aspects of potential audit quality concern.
- Ability to challenge the judgments and quality of work performed by engagement partners and other members of the audit teams whose audits are subject to review.
In return you will be offered a strong work/life balance, hybrid working and an excellent benefits package. The culture is supportive, diverse and "family feel".
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.