Inspector - Banking
London/Home based - 4 days a fortnight in the office
- Are you a fully qualified auditor (ACA, ACCA etc) with significant experience at Snr Manager level of the audits of listed banks and other banking entities?
- Do you have strong technical auditing and accounting skills particularly in banking?
- Do you have strong written and oral communication skills?
If so, a regulator may be interested in talking to you. They offer hybrid working and a very strong work/life balance.
Conduct audit file reviews and inspections of firm wide procedures at the Big 4, mid-tier and/or international/public sector firms, focusing on banking audits subject to AQR inspection
- Review banking audit files and aspects of firm-wide policies and procedures thoroughly and in accordance with AQR methodology. Challenge audit teams, as appropriate, on key audit judgments.
- Take a significant role in (and lead on occasions) meetings with audit engagement partners, other members of the audit team (some of whom will be other partners), financial services specialists and the firm's compliance and technical teams
- Communicate difficult messages to audit teams in a fair and balanced manner (demonstrating the technical merits of points raised and challenging the partners on judgments made and the adequacy of procedures).
- Identify issues of non-compliance with the regulatory framework, including Auditing, Ethical and Quality Control Standards and Audit Regulations.
- Complete all work steps in the relevant AQR work programmes for inspection leader/senior inspector review; draft queries to the firm and discuss with the inspection leader/senior inspector and subsequently with members of the audit team as appropriate.
- Draft reports and lead the discussion on issues raised during the file review at closing meetings with the firm.
- Participate in AQR Quality Control meetings and panels / sub-groups as may be required.
- Qualified Accountant with up-to-date CPE.
- Experience at senior manager level or above in the audit profession in the audits of listed banks and other banking entities.
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills particularly in banking
- Ability to understand and assess significant volumes of information quickly and through this identify aspects of potential audit quality concern.
- Ability to challenge the judgments and quality of work performed by engagement partners and other members of the banking audit teams whose files are subject to review.
In return you will enjoy working with subject matter experts in a supportive, diverse and "family-feel" culture. Excellent benefits are offered including a very strong work/life balance and hybrid working
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.