Victoria, London/Home working - 4 days a fortnight in the office
£85648 plus excellent benefits
- Are you a fully qualified Accountant or Auditor and an IFRS technical expert?
- Are you a Senior Technical Manager or above in professional services and/or;
- Are you in a senior Finance position in industry and produce the financial reports using IFRS?
If so, my client will be interested in talking to you. This organisation influence and contribute to the research and development of high-quality international financial reporting standards and their adoption for use in the UK
The role involves delivering allocated projects. This may include projects that are part of due process or involve the assessment of new or amended IFRS for UK endorsement or research projects. Projects (unless very small) are usually allocated to a small technical team, which the Project Director will be expected to manage.
Other duties will include:
- Developing a project plan with key milestones and clearly set responsibilities.
- Co-ordinating and reviewing the work of allocated project teams
- Engaging with the international debate including the IASB's proposals and decisions, identifying and analysing any issues and concerns, and developing solutions, together with relevant technical arguments to support your analysis.
- Gathering evidence and assessing stakeholders' views on the project and any proposals e.g. by performing desk-based research on the existing material, outreach with stakeholders and other standard setters, using formal and informal means as appropriate. This may include presentations to stakeholders.
- Preparing and presenting high-quality technical papers for the organisation, discussing with project team and Technical Director, and revising as appropriate, within project deadlines.
- Developing draft comment letters and draft Endorsement Criteria Assessments for input from organisation and for public comment.
- Preparing impact assessments and Feedback Statements, as appropriate to the stage of the project.
- Arranging for publication of documents.
A relevant professional qualification and at least five years post qualification experience are required. The ideal candidates will have:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the financial reporting environment for listed companies and a keen interest in IFRS.
- Ideally, experience in technical accounting work or standard-setting or the ability to demonstrate a clear interest in these activities.
- Superior written and communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain key external relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively and respectfully with stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse competing positions and develop practical solutions.
- Experience within utilities and/or financial services is desirable (although not essential)
You will enjoy working with subject matter experts within a supportive, diverse and "family-feel" culture. Excellent benefits are offered including a very strong work/life balance
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.