Audit Firm Supervision Project Leader
London and Home based (London 4 times a fortnight, the rest WFM)
- Do you have a good knowledge and understanding of the audit regulatory environment?
- Do you have practical audit and/or audit regulatory experience?
- Do you hold a relevant post-graduate CCAB professional qualification (for example ACA, ACCA or equivalent)?
- Are you experienced in managing a portfolio of cases with a range of complexity.
If so, read on. A NFP organisation may be interested in talking with you. This is an exciting time to join them as they transform into a new organisation with new powers and responsibilities.
As Audit Firm Supervision Project Leader, your duties will include -
- Managing enquiries into potential breaches by firms of auditing requirements (under the organisations Audit Enforcement Procedure) including requesting and analyzing information from relevant sources and, where appropriate, engaging with audit firms to develop remedial actions to resolve cases.
- Assisting the day to day Supervision of PIE Audit Firms, led by the AFS Supervisors, including reviewing and analyzing audit firms' quality plans and root cause analysis process, and developing our understanding of how the firms are focused on and seeking to improve audit quality.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver an effective and efficient PIE Auditor Registration decision-making process; and reviewing and assessing applications from firms and individuals seeking authorization to conduct PIE audits, including gathering the requisite evidence and intelligence.
- Drafting reports and management information for Supervisors, the Supervision Division and committees.
- Assisting with the maintenance, development and implementation of policies and procedures to deliver AFS's strategic objectives.
- CCAB (or equivalent) fully qualified accountant
- A good knowledge and understanding of the audit regulatory environment.
- Practical audit and/or audit regulatory experience
- Experience of managing a portfolio of cases with a range of complexity.
- External stakeholders include the regulated community (primarily the PIE audit firms), the RSBs, other regulators and wider external stakeholders.
In return you will enjoy working with experts within their given fields in a supportive and "family feel" culture. This organisation actively promotes a healthy work/life balance and offers a range of benefits.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250
The consists of five distinct brands: , , , and . If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.