Rewards Programme Manager
12 month FTC
Home based with some office presence in either London, Cardiff, Manchester, Belfast or Edinburgh
The Reward Programme manager will provide specialist reward expertise and manage a global programme of reward activities that enables development of a commercial reward proposition for the organisations English and Exams businesses.
Responsibilities will include reward benchmarking; reward policy and process review; overseeing reward design (working with internal specialists and external consultants); implementation planning and change management.
The programme manager will lead on delivery of the above in conjunction with internal reward specialists in global and regional teams, the HR team and SLT.
The English and Examinations Strategic Business Unit (E&E) is one of two strategic business units in the organisation and delivers on its commercial objectives whilst enabling people across the world to access the life-changing education and work opportunities that are created by learning English or gaining valuable UK qualifications
The markets within which E&E operates are becoming increasingly competitive, with new entrants causing disruption through new channels. To enable the businesses to grow and complete, it is vital that they can also compete for talent and that we have a total reward proposition that is competitive in the external market.
The reward programme manager role will provide dedicated expertise to enable them to quickly assess our current proposition and make recommendations for where changes are required. The role will operate at a global level but will need to work very closely with regional colleagues.
- Co-ordinate and participate in benchmarking activity, commissioning research as required and providing a summary of conclusions from the review
Policy and process review
- Lead review of current policy and process and provide evaluation of current effectiveness
- Lead design process with internal and external specialists ensuring solution meets with design principles and business requirements
Business case development
- Lead the development of the business case for change, including financial impacts and costing of design proposals
Relationship and Stakeholder management
- Actively plan for and manage stakeholder relationships across global E&E HR, Regional HR, global reward and regional reward teams, and E&E SLT, ensuring full involvement of all colleagues in the process of review and change
- Set up and manage the programme of reward activities, including milestones, risks and issues and dependencies
- Set up and manage governance processes
- Develop and oversee budget
Implementation and change management
- Lead and evaluate pilots as required
- Manage implementation plan, including training and communications activities
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working within a Reward team or as a reward specialist within a generalist HR function or consultancy
- Experience of managing delivery a programme plan with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working in a matrix environment and delivering outcomes without direct line management responsibility
- CIPD accreditation or equivalent experience or qualification
- Relevant programme management accreditation or equivalent experience or qualification
Excellent benefits are on offer including a very generous pension scheme
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.