Finance Business Partner
6 month contract - £16,553
- Are you AAT/MAAT qualified to at least level 2
- Do you have experience of providing financial advice to budget holders?
- Are you familiar with processing financial transactions, month end, reconciliations and journals?
If so, a Multi-Academy Trust may be interested in meeting you
- Financial planning and analysis
- Working with budget holders to prepare yearly budgets and in - year re-forecasts
- Drafting the consolidated budget for the Board for review by the FP&A Manager
- Preparing the journal for loading the annual budget and forecasts onto PSF
- Preparing financial analyses of income and costs to inform decisions
- Advising budget holders on corrective actions to be taken from the financial analyses
- Business Partnering
- Holding regular finance and budget update meetings with selected budget holders
- Delivering insight into financial performance, guiding and advising on courses of action to ensure these budget holders meet their agreed financial targets
- Delivering finance training to non-finance people as appropriate
- Reporting & Management Information
- Once financial accounting have posted journals, ensuring accounts are accurate across the Trust
- Preparing monthly finance management accounts pack for review by the FP&A Manager
- Preparing monthly finance performance pack for each of the head teachers for review by the FP&A Manager
- Preparing departmental reports for the FP&A Manager as required
- Assisting the FP&A Manager in tracking various grant and bursary spend budgets
- Checking the payrolls designated, drafted by the payroll bureau EPM, after input from the HR function, before the payroll payments are made each month
- Working with EPM and the relevant HR staff to resolve payroll queries before the payroll payments are made each month
- Preparing the monthly salary journal, for review by the FP&A Manager
- Overseeing the processing of central charges to and from academies
- Assisting others when necessary with reconciling inter-academy accounts
- Preparing year-end schedules and support for the auditors when required
- Preparing and posting monthly accruals and prepayments
- Checking outstanding Purchase Order commitments as part of month end reporting
Key skills and experience:
- AAT part qualified to at least Level 2
- Experience of working in a MAT desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with and providing financial advice to budget holders
- Familiar with the details of how financial transactions are processed, and how these impact on the financial performance reported
- Experience operating financial systems, including transaction processing, performing reconciliations, month end close down, and processing journals.
- Ability to analyse & understand data and determine the financial implications
- Experience of preparing and presenting management information, including monthly management accounts and commentary
- Experience of preparing audit papers, and co-ordinating audit
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Good questioning skills, and the ability to challenge budget holders on budgetary discipline
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Takes initiative to learn, deliver and improve
- Ability to learn the role quickly and want to make improvements
- Keeps resilient, handle competing stakeholders and prioritise effectively
- Flexible conscientious approach and ability to multi task e.g. work to deadlines and deal with queries from a range of sources
Interviews will be held next week on ZOOM - so apply NOW
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.
The consists of five distinct brands: , , , and .