Do you want to be part of a team proactively driving positive change in public policy and practice within childcare and early years provision? Do you have excellent creative skills and the ability to write compelling content across a range of media and as part of a wide range of organisational projects? Do you have the drive to promote our views and communicate key messages through policy, targeted campaigns, the media and our key stakeholders? Then this position could be for you.
The Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) are looking for a Campaign and Communications officer to join our small and collaboration team in the Bromley office.
With around 25,000 members who work in the early years sector, made up of childminders, nannies and nursery workers, we support them to deliver high quality care and early learning through online training, practical help, expert advice and peer support.
The full job description and person specificiation has been attached.
Key responsibilities for the role include –
- Ensuring PACEY is informed of policy, research and regulatory developments (including government and parliamentary activity in England) in the field of childcare and early years and able to react swiftly if necessary.
- Confidently writing concise, impactful briefs and summaries on specific policy and legislative documents and other sources of information, identifying how key issues might interact with and affect PACEY’s work.
- Ensuring all proactive and reactive media work including press releases and quotes accurately reflects PACEY’s policy positions and are delivered effectively to secure coverage, so increasing PACEY profile.
- Supporting the preparation of media comments and writing of press releases.
- Monitoring and nurturing PACEY’s press relationships and contacts and activity relevant to the sector, ensuring PACEY is seen as a source of evidence and comment including toiled out of hours social media activity if needed.
- Creating compelling and innovative content, for example blogs and articles for PACEY’s print, online and social channels using networks. Writing articles, case studies, emails, blogs and other content to identify and take advantage of relevant external opportunities to promote best practice in the sector and raise awareness of PACEY’s positions through different communication channels.
- Along with the Policy Advisor and Communications team, this role will be able to devise and deliver creative public campaigns with SMART objectives, to achieve positive change for childcare and early years.
- Coordinating PACEY’s response with the Policy Advisor to government policy consultations relevant to childcare and the early years, fully drafting responses depending on complexity and delivering any partnership working that is required.
- Researching and analysing the implications of policy and regulatory developments relevant to PACEY and communicate these to members, early years practitioners and other stakeholders.
Please do make sure you read the full job description before applying.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, experience and interest for the role by 25th March 2020. Interviews will be held on 7th April 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.