The Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) has around 25,000 members who work in the early years sector, made up of childminders, nannies and nursery workers, we support them to deliver high quality care and early learning through online training, practical help, expert advice and peer support.
We are looking for an experienced Compliance Manager to join our team, working to support the Head of Resources and other team members to achieve agreed outcomes.
To be a successful candidate you must have experience and knowledge of legal/compliance/financial services law and practice, dealing with regulators and a proven record of delivering operational change and improving standards.
Currently this role is home based while Covid restrictions are in place, however normally it would be based at our Head Office in Bromley, Kent.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, experience and interest for the role by Wednesday 14 April 2021.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide insurance reports required by supplier to remain compliant with regulatory requirements
- Ensure the sales of PLI/ELI Insurance, our proposition and processes remain compliant with the FSA and our partners’ requirements
- Ensure the sales of General Insurance Products, our proposition and processes remain compliant with the FSA and our partners’ requirements
- Ensuring the accuracy of reports, challenging and reviewing the data alongside the system/ data function if is an issue found
- Understanding key risk exposures and supporting colleagues to understand their role
- Notifying insurers when company’s risk profile changes
- Provide training for Customer Services to ensure insurance service delivery is compliant with regulatory requirements
- Ensure Customer Services processes remain compliant with all relevant data handling, payment processing and financial services regulations
- Ensuring all necessary company insurance cover are in place and regularly reviewed
- Logging reportable and non-reportable breaches and ensuring any required action or training is delivered
- Reviewing and producing customised Data Protection Addendums
- Assessing and approving prospective third party Data Processors
- Maintaining a register of our suppliers’ DPAs and ensure any required actions are addressed
- Managing compliant data deletion processes
Corporate HR & Health & Safety
- Conducting annual H&S and fire safety risk assessments
- Home Office compliance
- Training new employees and ensuring all staff receive essential regular training (e.g. data protection, GDPR and manual handling training )
- Maintain all necessary in-house policies (e.g. employee handbook) reviewing the current policies and guidelines
Management Information and Compliance Planning
- Lead in the preparation of periodic compliance and management information. Including but not limited to compliance tracker,
- Assist in the development and implementation of PACEY’s compliance strategy to ensure prudent and effective management of PACEY’s resources
- In conjunction with the Head of Resources, develop and regularly review compliance policies and procedures, and internal controls. Noticing trends and acting upon them to improve overall successful compliance
- Manage performance management requirement across the business, providing manager support and development opportunities as and when required, ensure poor performance is addressed
Compliance Systems and Controls
- Provide a full range of compliance support, information advice, and analysis to support efficient and effective delivery of regulatory and governance requirements.
- To act as the main lead in the production of robust compliance information in relation to all aspects of PACEY’s business activities.
- In conjunction with the Head of Resources ensure PACEY is compliant with recognised industry standards
- In conjunction with the Head of Resources identify, develop, and implement compliance systems and controls to ensure a robust compliance function
- To be the Business Continuity Lead for the Compliance Function
- Preparation of Compliance information for audit purposes
- Lead in the preparation of all relevant regulatory returns to FSA, and other governmental entities as necessary
- Support the Head of Resources in preparation of information for any other statutory authority for which PACEY is required to provide compliance information
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post which are required to deliver the job’s key responsibilities.
- Be self-servicing and take initiative, as necessary.
- Work within organisational policies, code of conduct and practices
Common organisational wide responsibilities
- Customer focused (internal and external customers)
- Working co-operatively and collaboratively across teams and departments
- Demonstrating PACEY’s Corporate Behaviours
The person specification sets out the essential, minimum qualities we are seeking for this post. Please ensure that your application demonstrates how you meet the criteria. You may include voluntary, unpaid and paid work.
- Experience of Compliance return filing (i.e. FSA, H&S)
- Experience of dealing with regulators and other external bodies
- Experience of creating, querying data and producing reports
- Experience of advising non-experts
- Proven track record of delivering operational change and improving standards
Required skills and abilities
- Record keeping and organisation skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills to a range of stakeholders
- The ability to assimilate information quickly and provide workable ‘fit for purpose’ solutions.
- Ability to think critically in order to present accurate and relevant information
- Ability to present complex information confidently and with gravitas
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office Package
- Ability to use Excel to an advanced level
- Effective judgment and decision making essential
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines and priorities
- High level of rigor and attention to detail
- Demonstrate anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work
- Working knowledge of legal/financial services law and practice
- Working knowledge of legal/Compliance requirements
- Relevant Compliance qualifications
- Evidence of continuing professional development / training in relevant area.
- Work flexible hours if necessary
PACEY is committed to equality and diversity by building an organisation that makes full use of everyone’s talents, skills and experience and where all people feel they are respected, valued and can achieve their full potential. We believe that this in turn will maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.