The Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) has around 25,000 members who work in the early years sector, made up of childminders, nannies and nursery workers, we support them to deliver high quality care and early learning through online training, practical help, expert advice and peer support.
We are looking for a competent Development Assistant to join our team, working to support the Development Lead and other team members to achieve agreed outcomes.
To be a successful candidate you must have experience of creating, producing and maintaining website content using a variety of platforms, instructional and graphic design and video editing.
Previous experience of using Microsoft Office products will be essential as well as data base skills including input and retrieval of information.
Currently this role is home based while Covid restrictions are in place, however normally it would be based at our Head Office in Bromley, Kent.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, experience and interest for the role by Wednesday 14 April 2021.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the development and ongoing review of creation of content production process
- Undertake efficient creation, production and maintenance of content across a variety of platforms
- Creation of instructional and graphic design using relevant programmes
- Perform basic editing of existing video footage to support content development
- Support maintenance of online training platforms
- Work across the organisation to share knowledge and understanding of existing content to support wider work and identify current and future opportunities
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to support the launch and marketing of products and services
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post that are required to deliver the job’s key responsibilities
- Be self-servicing
- Work within organisational policies, code of conduct and practices
- Support PACEY’s culture in your area of responsibility
COMMON ORGANISATION-WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer focused (internal and external customers)
- Working co-operatively across teams and departments
- Demonstrating PACEY’s Corporate Behaviours
Person Specification: This person specification sets out the essential, minimum qualities we are seeking for this post. Please ensure that your application demonstrates how you meet the criteria. You may include voluntary, unpaid and paid work.
- Current practical experience of creating, producing and maintaining website content using a variety of platforms
- Evidence of instructional and graphic design
- Evidence of basic video editing
Required skills and abilities
- Ability to use Microsoft Office package to intermediate level
- Database skills including input and retrieval of information
- Ability to multi-task and use initiative with excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Is able to communicate effectively using appropriate methods and language, including ICT, with a range of audiences
- Innovation and creativity skills in e learning, web design and membership benefits
- Knowledge of office administration and database systems
- Knowledge of audit processe
- Knowledge of online training platforms and relevant programmes
- Educated to A Level or NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Evidence of CPD or training in an area relevant to the role
- Some travel, which will result in long days and/or occasional overnight stays
PACEY is committed to equality and diversity by building an organisation that makes full use of everyone’s talents, skills and experience and where all people feel they are respected, valued and can achieve their full potential. We believe that this in turn will maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.