The Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) has around 25,000 members who work in the early years sector, made up of childminders, nannies and nursery workers, we support them to deliver high quality care and early learning through online training, practical help, expert advice and peer support.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Resources to join our team, working to support the Director of Finance, Support & ICT and other team members to achieve agreed outcomes.
To be a successful candidate you must have substantial experience including developing IT, HR and Compliance Strategy within a business, Project Management skills (ideally PRINCE2), and strong staff management and leadership skills.
Currently this role is home based while Covid restrictions are in place, however normally it would be based at our Head Office in Bromley, Kent.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, experience and interest for the role by Wednesday 14 April 2021.
To collaborate with other senior management to formulate strategy and ensure PACEY’s HR and ICT policies and processes support effective delivery of agree strategic objectives. As part of this ensure that PACEY meets its legal and compliance requirements including H&S, financial services and data protection
To support our HR, IT and compliance teams to operate efficiently and align with our business objectives.
- Assist with overall business technology planning, providing current knowledge of business need and future vision of how technology and systems can support PACEY strategy
- Work with other departments to determine their business requirements for technology now and in the future and work with Dir FSI to agree priority for resource investment.
- Coach and mentor the team, in relation to methodologies, delivery processes and best practices in order to ensure adoption and consistency
- Lead the process within the business to identify relevant, strategic technology projects
- Develop the IT team and drive performance management; working closely with the Director of Finance, Support and ICT to define company policies and ensure compliance
- Developing our existing approach to process improvement and project management across the organisation, working alongside project director
- Championing innovation and the utilisation of technology to deliver the best services to the business
- Ensure PACEY’s Business Continuity Plan is robust
- Lead the process to ensure PACEY’s people strategy supports it to deliver its strategic objectives and remain agile on how it resources its priorities
- Lead on agreed strategic HR projects
- Oversee PACEY’s performance evaluation systems to ensure they are effective and use these to develop our ongoing support for staff development and training
- Ensure regular review of company HR policies and procedures, including employment contracts and agreements
- Track key HR metrics like cost per hire and retention rates, putting in place any mitigations if these are needed
- Manage all internal HR communication to staff and volunteers
- Measure the effectiveness of our staff benefits programs and recommend improvements
- Lead the process within the business for Insurance, FSA, GDPR reporting, Data protection and Corporate HR & health & safety
- Ensure our recordkeeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
- Ensure PACEY meets its compliance requirements and that a strong compliance culture is maintained amongst staff;
- Develop a proactive, risk-based compliance monitoring system;
- Lead the process within the business to identify relevant, strategic compliance projects
- Conduct reviews, assessments, and investigations in accordance with the regulatory and internal/external requirements;
- Ensuring the current compliance framework is fit for purpose;
- Promotion of compliance through the business to ensure staff are aware of their regulatory obligations;
- Conduct compliance investigations as and when required and advise on themes, trends and reporting of reportable breaches
- Provide advice and information to the Director of Finance Support and ICT, Chief Executive, Senior Management Team and other stakeholders to support PACEY to meet its regulatory requirements and continuously improve.
- Developing strong relationships internally so informed decisions can be made
- Develop strong relationships with partners and suppliers that facilitate good service and deliver innovative cost effective solutions
- Work with PACEY colleagues to ensure that issues are fully investigated and tasks delivered in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Ensure that team members follow company guidelines and policie
- Be an integral member of the senior management team
- Line management of HR, Compliance and ICT managers
- To be the Business Continuity Lead
Team management responsibilities
- Recruitment, induction and development of team
- Performance management of direct reportees (including work allocation), leadership and motivation
- Efficient and agile use of the team’s resources (time, spending, equipment and information) so PACEY can deliver its priorities
- Shared ownership for corporate communication
- Supporting and promoting PACEY’s culture
Leadership and organisational responsibilities
- External representation of PACEY
- Develop strategic relationships to help grow business opportunities
- Maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders
- Lead and motivate the Commerce function, ensuring the highest levels of contribution and performance, encouraging innovation and utilising their ideas and input to the best possible effect.
- Support the development of PACEY’s strategic plan, helping to ensure that it is cohesive and positively supports members’ interests, including horizon scanning and competitor monitoring
- Manage effectively compliance and risk matters
- Produce board and executive reports as required by the Board of Trustees and Chief Executive.
Common organisational wide responsibilites
- Customer focused (internal and external customers)
- Working co-operatively and collaboratively across teams and departments
- Demonstrating PACEY’s Corporate Behaviours
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post which are required to deliver the job’s key responsibilities.
- Be self-servicing and take initiative, as necessary.
- Work within organisational policies, code of conduct and practices
The person specification sets out the essential, minimum qualities we are seeking for this post. Please ensure that your application demonstrates how you meet the criteria. You may include voluntary, unpaid and paid work.
Substantial previous experience including:
- Experience of developing IT, HR and Compliance strategy within a business.
- Experience as a Head of IT and HR or similar role
- Project Management
- Management of staff
- Supplier relationship management skills
- Leadership abilities
- Demonstrate anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work
- Communicate effectively using appropriate methods and language, including ICT, with a range of audiences.
- Sound working knowledge of IT, Compliance and HR
- Working knowledge on Legal/financial services law and practice
- Compliance requirements
- Degree or relevant qualification
- Evidence of CPD with demonstrable relevance to the role
- Prince 2 would be advantageous but not essential
- Work flexible hours when business commitments require
PACEY is committed to equality and diversity by building an organisation that makes full use of everyone’s talents, skills and experience and where all people feel they are respected, valued and can achieve their full potential. We believe that this in turn will maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.