The Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) has around 25,000 members who work in the early years sector, made up of childminders, nannies and nursery workers, we support them to deliver high quality care and early learning through online training, practical help, expert advice and peer support.
We are looking for a super-organised Marketing Executive to join our team, working to support the Communications Manager and other team members to achieve agreed outcomes.
To be a successful candidate you must have experience of developing and implementing marketing plans including campaigns, successful and impactful content creation for social media and managing Facebook groups.
Previous experience of SEO and Google Analytics as well as the ability to use Microsoft Office products will be essential.
Currently this role is home based while Covid restrictions are in place, however normally it would be based at our Head Office in Bromley, Kent.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, experience and interest for the role by 14 April 2021.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain templates for the different types of e-mail messages PACEY dispatches
- Build emails in collaboration with colleagues, utilising email best practice techniques to maximise engagement.
- Build filters that enable targeting of specific sub-sections of our mailing list
- Undertake ongoing analysis of our emails to make informed decisions about the types/timing/subject lines/content of messages.
- Support the team to achieve sales, membership, and retention targets to members and other customers
- Coordinate production of PACEY marketing and sales materials related to membership and products, ensuring that materials are delivered by the most effective communication channel and by coordinating the use of in-house and external resources and ensure they are consistent with brand. These include
- digital advertising
- graphics and images for use in social media
- leaflets (online hosted and printed)
- Brief team members and other departments as required for campaigns and sales initiatives
- Research, plan, and execute campaigns to support PACEY to achieve recruitment, retention, and sales targets
- Support the retention of existing members via an ongoing review of membership offer and journey
- identify customer needs, feeding these back into PACEY’s development process and what could be done to cater to those needs
- Support the team to manage the product life cycle of a member offer;
- manage the existing member benefits and services
- undertake quality control checks to ensure that the benefits are valued
- deliver and continuously enhance the member offer
Digital and social media
- With the wider team, maintain and increase brand awareness for PACEY by planning, creating, and publishing social media content in line with the organisation communications and content plans. This should create awareness of and engagement with PACEY’s rich content and member benefits.
- Work with the wider team and use the organisation’s content plan to identify opportunities for social media content development and partnership work to help meet PACEY’s strategic objectives.
- Build engagement with members and other relevant people via social media and online community platforms.
- Liaise with teams across PACEY, including volunteers, to support their engagement with social media.
- Coordinate the implementation and management of Facebook Groups according to organisational need.
- Support the effective use of search engine optimisation in all content creation
- Update PACEY website content as required
- Monitor competitor activity, producing required marketing report
- Coordinate PACEY’s presence at key sector events
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post, that are required to deliver the job’s key responsibilities
- Be self-servicing
- Work within organisational policies, code of conduct and practices
- Customer focused (internal and external customers)
- Working cooperatively across teams and departments
- Demonstrating PACEY’s Corporate Behaviours
Demonstrable relevant experience in marketing including:
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing plans including campaigns
- Experience of reporting, data extraction and analysis
- Evidence of maintaining & developing relationships with key stakeholders including external suppliers (and agencies)
- Experience of successful and impactful content creation for social media and managing Facebook Groups
- Strong track record of achieving business objectives & campaign/retention targets
Required skills and abilities
- Strong analytical skills, especially data and target market analysis
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills
- Evidence of innovation and creativity
- Ability to work with others, both internal and third party, in the design, development, and delivery of marketing campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and with ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small team as well as across the wider organisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively using appropriate methods and language
- A good level of knowledge of the variety of marketing techniques that influence customer behaviour
- A good understanding of SEO and Google Analytics
- Able to use Microsoft Office products to intermediate level
- Knowledge of new product development is an advantage
- Knowledge of Adobe design software is an advantage
- Educated to degree level or with relevant marketing experience, ideally in a charity/third-sector environment
- Occasional travel
- Work flexible hours when business commitments require
PACEY is committed to equality and diversity by building an organisation that makes full use of everyone’s talents, skills and experience and where all people feel they are respected, valued and can achieve their full potential. We believe that this in turn will maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.