The Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) has around 25,000 members who work in the early years sector, made up of childminders, nannies and nursery workers, we support them to deliver high quality care and early learning through online training, practical help, expert advice and peer support.
We are looking for a super-organised Product Manager to join our team, working to support the Partnerships Manager and other team members to achieve agreed outcomes.
To be a successful candidate you must have experience of project management and methodology with a high level of competence in MS software, website CMS e.g. Kentico and use of graphic design software.
Knowledge of early years and childcare issues and aspects of good practice within the sector and the support required by parents to enable them to return to work, work more hours or study.
Currently this role is home based while Covid restrictions are in place, however normally it would be based at our Head Office in Bromley, Kent.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, experience and interest for the role by Wednesday 14 April 2021.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Directly manage the SearchChildcare project
- Define project KPIs, outcomes, outputs and milestones that support PACEY goals
- Develop and maintain all project documentation including project plans and reporting documentation
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path; plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools; track project outputs, milestones and outcomes working in partnership with the Projects Director
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Proactively manage changes in project KPIs, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Research and disseminate information as appropriate
- Undertake research to inform content planning, website improvements and scope service developments e.g. user feedback, competitor analysis
- Commission or write any content required, working closely with other content leads to ensure cohesion and consistency
- Scope and commission development support to improve SearchChildcare’s functionality to improve user engagement/experience
- Identify content needs and write or commission its creation, working with other content leads to ensure cohesion and consistency
- Develop and deliver marketing strategies that ensure user engagement targets are achieved
- Identify and develop third party partnerships that support increased engagement
- Through increased engagement, develop advertising, sponsorship and affiliate offers to third parties who want to engage with Search Childcare’s audience, to generate additional revenue for PACEY
- Create, develop and monitor project plan, including budget management in partnership with the Project Officer
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an active and ongoing basis
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, documentation and presentations including performance data
- Create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Provide current and reliable information and guidance to appropriate parties
- Compile and collate current valid statistical information as required by line manager
- Monitor and control project income and expenditure as agreed
- Proactively develop and implement strategies to mitigate project risks
- Effectively communicate project expectations to SC project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Coach, mentor, motivate and manage SC project team, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Ensure the effective organisation, co-ordination and delivery of the project
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post which are required to deliver the job’s key responsibilities.
- Be self-servicing and take initiative, as necessary.
- Work within organisational policies, code of conduct and practice
- Customer focused (internal and external customers)
- Working co-operatively and collaboratively across teams and departments
- Demonstrating PACEY’s Corporate Behaviours
The person specification sets out the essential, minimum qualities we are seeking for this post. Please ensure that your application demonstrates how you meet the criteria. You may include voluntary, unpaid and paid work.
- Experience of project management knowledge and methodology including budget management
- Experience of both working independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Developing, delivering and marketing online products
Required skills and abilities
- Negotiating at a range of levels, in particular commercial partnerships
- Effective communication within a range of audiences using appropriate methods and language, including IT and social networking media
- Establishing work priorities for self and team
- Adept at conducting research into product related issues and products
- Able to quickly and successfully learn, understand and apply new technologies
- High level of competence in MS software and website CMS e.g. Kentico
- Competence in use of graphic design software e.g. Canva or Adobe
- Able to successfully balance shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Able to demonstrate anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work
- Early years and childcare issues and aspects of good practice within the sector.
- Relevant legislation, national and local initiatives relating to Childcare and Early Years Education and Social Inclusion
- Child protection issues and procedures
- Project Management certification or relevant evidence of CPD/training in relevant area
- Work flexible hours when business commitments require, including evenings, weekends and occasional overnight stays
- Travel within the designated areas and nationally
PACEY is committed to equality and diversity by building an organisation that makes full use of everyone’s talents, skills and experience and where all people feel they are respected, valued and can achieve their full potential. We believe that this in turn will maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.