Community Engagement Manager
F/T 37.5 hours
Birmingham-based; home and some office working.
Salary £24, 000 DOE
This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop an exciting and ambitious Charity and your own career.
Following our recent expansion into Birmingham, we are keen to attract an experienced and driven Community Engagement Manager with experience and skills in community and corporate fundraising and project development. Working directly with the Head of Community Engagement, you will have great work ethic and an excellent track record of effective income generation and supporter acquisition and have the personality and skills to engage people and organisations to support the amazing work the charity does with vulnerable young people.
- To help develop and deliver the fundraising strategy as regards event, challenge and community fundraising in Birmingham ensuring achievement of agreed targets for net income and fundraising ratios.
- To communicate and optimise delivery and team-working across fundraising volunteers and the rest of the team. To expand and grow your own fundraising team.
- To help develop regular donors/donations to the charity, both corporate and general public.
- To work with the Head of Community Engagement and CEO to connect with the business community – including business networking, and developing our own business referral group Collaborate Networking.
- To organise/undertake appropriate telephone/contact fundraising (to business only).
- To support and help further develop marketing for the charity, including social media and other channels and developing local media relationships and opportunities.
- To work with the Head of Community Engagement to develop key signature events for the charity and so as to develop increasing participation, engagement and income for the charity year on year.
- To co-ordinate collecting box and lottery programmes, recruiting staff and volunteers to deliver implementation and income targets.
- To research and explore options for development, working especially with the CEO
- An experienced fundraiser with a good track record of income generation at community level.
- Have run a range of successful events and challenges.
- Good Experience of using social media, whether personally or preferably organisationally too.
- Good experience of building teams and forging partnerships, including corporate sponsorship.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms
- Great knowledge of planning and marketing approaches
- Good Administration