An exciting new opportunity to lead on the Healthy Families Project based in Camden, North West London. The 3-year contract has become available through a joint partnership between 3 local charities (QCCA, KTCF and CCA). Their vision is to address the condition of everyday life that leads to health inequalities including influencing the conditions in which families live, work and socialise by providing vital activities, services, information, education and leisure opportunities.
POST: Healthy Families Project Coordinator
SALARY: £24,500 Pro rata (£16,800 for 21 hours)
HOURS OF WORK: 21 hours per week worked flexibly over 3 or 4 days
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO of QCCA and members of consortium (Queens Crescent Community Association; Kentish Town City Farm & Castlehaven Community Association)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Supporting and supervising session staff & volunteers
WORK BASE: This role will work across Central Camden & in particular on sites at QCCA KTCF & CCA
CONTRACT: 3 year initial contract
BENEFITS: Pension Scheme, 4 weeks annual leave + bank holidays (rising to 25 days + bank holidays in 2nd year), FREE access to gym, 30% discount on childcare (if you use one of QCCA's nurseries), free use of bicycle
- The project aims to identify and engage with isolated families and those in disadvantaged areas to have improved health and well-being.
- It aims to support and empower local families to improve their health and well-being by providing them with access to healthy living activities, and opportunities for social engagement to enhance their physical and mental health.
- The project will achieve this by improving access to enjoyable healthy living activities and events that are informative, fun and help people to make real lasting positive changes to their heath.
- The overall purpose of the Project Coordinator (PC) role is to lead the development and successful delivery of the Healthy Families Project.
- Outreach and working with families – women, men, older people, children and young people – to improve their health and well-being.
- Working in partnership with project leads in with partner charities to support and connect isolated families in Camden to healthy living activities and services in the Camden Central Zone.
- Lead the implementation, management, development and administration of the Healthy Families Project across Camden Central Zone.
- Lead on monitoring and evaluation and ensure agreed outcomes are met across all areas.
- Responsible for project finances including budgetary management & financial controls.
- Responsible for the supporting and supervision of session staff & volunteers.
- Responsible for the engagement of wider stakeholders, particularly on a Camden-wide level including Access All Areas, Age Better Camden, Community Connectors, Healthy Minds, C4 and Public Health projects.
- Undertake community research – including how to discover families who may be socially isolated and locating activities and opportunities.
- Buddy families and volunteers to each other and also with projects, activities, services, opportunities, and to follow their progress and activity.
- Understanding and experience of working with families
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a community setting
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous sessional staff and project coordination experience
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating social impact
- Experience of community outreach
- Understanding of health inequalities and barriers affecting communities to access mainstream services
- Understanding and experience of working in community development
To apply please email a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and a copy of your CV.
- Applications close 9am Monday the 13th of February
- Proposed interview date: Tuesday the 21st of February
- Start date: As soon as successful candidate is available