Project Everyone has an amazing year of world changing activism, creative campaigning and incredible events lined up for 2020. And we need more people to help us do it!
Do you want to be part of an incredible year at an organisation dedicated to trying to accelerate change? Working with people as varied as Richard Curtis, the United Nations, the Gates Foundation and google. org – these are some short-term opportunities that will be an incredible experience, hard work and, if we get it right, could make a real difference.
We’re looking for three key roles to add to our growing team:
- Creative Researcher
- Campaign Co-ordinator
- Assistant Producer
The roles are all probably right for someone’s 2nd or 3rd job. They are all slightly different, but the basic skillsets that we are looking for are pretty similar:
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Mega-smart with an interest in the Global Goals – which range from Climate Change to Gender Equality
- Hyper-organised and diligent – willing to throw yourself into a role and help keep your team on track
- A passion (and skill) for communicating a message – either from working with a brand, a broadcaster, or a campaign
- A belief in the power of creativity, content and events to effective change
- Your previous experience could have been at a creative agency, an NGO, an events company or a media organisation - you will recognise that the skills you have are transferable – it’s just how you deploy them
We need great people. And we need them to be able to join us asap – so sadly if you have a 3month notice period it’s not going to work out this time (but stay in touch!)
ABOUT THE ROLES
Creative Researcher– working directly to our Creative Director, you will assist in all aspects of researching and developing creative campaign ideas, concepts and materials. You will also take on some brand management responsibilities, so some experience in this area would be a plus.
- Administration – from maintaining databases to creating templates for documents
- Creative ideation – participating in formal brainstorms, and contributing ad hoc ideas and creative solutions
- Research – tasks could range from sourcing filmmakers in a specific region, through to discovering which YouTuber has a particular passion for Goal 4
- Branding – be the first point of contact for any branding enquiries, responsible for maintaining Brand guidelines
- Design skills – ability to use Photoshop or similar a real bonus, but as a minimum the ability to design an impactful image or powerful deck
- Digital – contributing ad hoc support to social channels and other digital properties
Campaign Co-ordinator – working directly to our Campaigns and Policy Director, you will be there to research and project manage our 2020 campaign for the Goals.
- Administration: Responsible for setting up and maintaining administrative systems from databases to trackers as well as carrying out administrative tasks as required
- Communication and stakeholder management: Preparing documents for a range of audiences - funders, partners, internal meetings, acting as the initial point of contact for external enquiries relating to 2020 and liaising with external partners
- Planning: Scheduling internal and external meetings, preparing agendas and sending meeting actions/notes. Maintaining a forward planner
- Contributing to campaign development and supporting internal and external communications on progress against plans
- Finance: to monitor income and expenditure against budgets, assist the campaign director in budget preparation and other financial planning and reporting
- Support the Campaign Director in preparing for meetings and deputising and attending where appropriate
- Other: To perform such other responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the campaign
Assistant Producer – working on Goalkeepers, our flagship events, delivered in partnership with the Gates Foundation.
- Researching speaker / artist / performance ideas according to developing run of show
- Maintaining master list of speaker suggestions on shared document
- Drafting outreach letters and emails (both formal and informal)
- Drafting speaker briefing documents
- Supporting lead producer on all calls with key stakeholders and speakers- taking clear notes and record of actions
- Housekeeping on master run of show document (spellchecks, formatting, time checks)
- Drafting and designing presentation decks in PowerPoint
- Collating creative ideas from the wider team, proposing creative solutions for run of show and production challenges
- Supporting lead producer to collate creative materials (images / film content / branding guidelines) for screen production team and Creative Director
- Experience in live events, conferences or live broadcasts would be a real plus in this role
There are common characteristics that all of these roles require:
- Previous experience within a creative or campaigning organisation
- Creative writer and thinker
- Ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks efficiently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and enjoy doing that
- The confidence in your ability to use your own judgment and make decisions in order to prioritise and negotiate.
- Flexible, friendly and helpful. The occasional late-night call or last-minute request should be met with a can-do attitude
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Calm under pressure
- Good written communication skills with the ability to summarize complex information
- High level of computer literacy: as adept at designing a beautiful PowerPoint as setting up a database. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM a bonus
- Professional-level fluency in English
- Experience / knowledge of current affairs and international development issues
- The right to work in the UK.
- The ability to work outside office hours when dealing with international partners and a willingness to travel internationally as required.
DIVERSITY AT PE
PE is an equal opportunities employer that works with partners and organisations globally. We benefit from the knowledge and skills that these culturally diverse teams bring. We’re therefore keen to create a team with a variety of skills that come together regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity
Salary: £25 - £30k depending on experience.
Contract: Full time, fixed term contract until Nov 2020 – potential to extend.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send through a CV, your current salary, notice and availability for interview.
Please do let us know which of the 3 roles you feel you are most suited to and drawn to.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.