IT Strategy, Planning and Partnership Manager
London, Waterloo – 2-year Fixed Term Contract
£57,369 (plus inner London Weighting £3,039)
35 hours per week
Prospect is a leading trade union that delivers advice, support, representation, and a voice for our members. We are a not-for-profit organisation with over 250 staff helping to support more than 150,000 people in specialist, professional and technical roles across the private and public sectors.
Our members want to get on at work. They work in a diverse range of professions, including energy, science, engineering, heritage, defence, entertainment and digital. As a union for modern working life, we aim to get the best deal for our members by using evidence and building partnerships – while never being scared to call employers out when they get things wrong.
Our priorities are to grow our membership through attracting new members and to improve our impact, whether that is helping members win improvements at work or changing the policy environment which affects them.
Diversity is an important value for the trade union movement, and as an organisation we are passionate about promoting equality at work and are committed to it for all our staff; we would be particularly interested in applications from groups that are underrepresented in the workplace.
Prospect is a great place to work - this role has access to our high-quality defined benefit pension scheme and 33 days annual leave each year. We offer a good work-life balance, flexible working options and offer support for training and development.
The Role of IT Strategy, Planning and Partnership Manager
We are recruiting for IT Strategy, Planning and Partnerships Manager, to help define and then drive the union’s Technology strategy over the next two years.
This is a new role reporting to the People and Operations Director with ongoing strategic support for the union’s Senior Management Team.
Prospect is an organisation undertaking a digital transformation and the successful candidate will be responsible for leading on all strands of the union’s Technology strategy.
This will include planning and overseeing significant change activity, leading and line managing the Technology team, collaborating with union colleagues, especially Digital leads, ensuring high performance and strong relationships with all third-party technology partners.
This role is perfect for an individual with a proven track record of technology strategy development, delivery, and reporting, with experience in delivering transformation.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- IT qualifications e.g., ITIL.
- No less than five years’ experience in IT Strategy/IT Senior Management roles.
- Experience of on-premises and cloud technologies and ways of working.
- Demonstrable experience driving internal IT service performance.
- Demonstrable experience driving 3rd party IT service performance.
- Strong leadership, management, and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially with senior stakeholders.
- Strong organisational, strategic planning and executive-level reporting skills.
- Excellent understanding of Technology and Data operations and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of Data Governance, especially GDPR.
- Excellent project, programme or change management skills
Employee Benefits include:
- Annual incremental salary steps until the maximum is reached.
- Inner London weighting allowance.
- Up to 33 days annual leave per year.
- Office closure over the Christmas period.
- Contributory defined benefit pension scheme with high employer contribution rate.
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers telephone counselling and a website with many useful toolkits.
- Eye care voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme.
- Access to Prospect member services benefits including shopping, travel, health and insurance discounts.
- Access to training to support career development
For further details or an application form please e-mail recruitment at Prospect
Closing date: 29th September 2021 2021 – Noon (CVs will not be accepted)
Interviews will be held on 18th October 2021 at our Covid-secure London Headquarters building, New Prospect House.
Prospect is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.