RightsInfo is an award-winning digital human rights charity that builds knowledge and support for human rights in the UK by producing engaging, accessible and beautifully-presented online human rights content.
In the UK, human rights are often controversial and often misunderstood. Many people see human rights as protecting villains and the “other” rather than themselves, leading to calls for the UK to leave the European Convention on Human Rights. Brexit will create multiple challenges for those who value the protection of human rights in the UK.
RightsInfo is fighting back against media misrepresentation of human rights. We want people to understand why human rights matter to them and people like them. We tell the positive stories of human rights with news stories, features, infographics, videos, documentaries - anything which gets people inspired and engaged over human rights. Our work now reaches tens of thousands of people every week. In just a few years, RightsInfo has gone from a start-up project to a leading charity with full-time staff, a talented team of volunteers, significant multi-year grants, an experienced board of trustees and an exciting future.
This is an exciting time for the charity as RightsInfo will be launching a new brand identity and name in December 2019, and are now looking for a new CEO to help this dynamic, young organisation evolve and grow, leading the organisation including working closely with our Creative Director and dynamic staff team.
The successful candidate will have strong experience leading high-performing teams in the charity sector and a good understanding of the UK human rights landscape. You will be a natural leader who has robust experience delivering against strategies, cultivating a portfolio of new major donors and achieving funding targets, managing grants, measuring impact, working positively with trustees, setting policies and processes, engaging thoughtfully with complex or controversial issues, representing your organisation publicly and inspiring teams.
RightsInfo welcome applications from dynamic and passionate senior leaders looking to step into their first CEO role.
Experience and attributes to include:
- Significant management and team leadership abilities
- Track record of securing five and six figure partnerships from trusts, foundations, and individuals; prospecting; pitching; writing bids; and solely delivering six to seven figure income targets each year
- Strong networking and relationship-building experience, including with donors, key stakeholders, supporters and peers in the sector
- Proven understanding of charity operations, governance requirements and impact-focused organisational growth
- Extensive experience with programme and project delivery and strategic planning
- Experience setting budgets, tracking cash flow, and forecasting
- Experience reporting to trustee boards and supporting trustees in setting organisational strategies and objectives
- A belief in and commitment to human rights and education
- Understanding of and passion for social and/or digital media
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application. Please address why this role and organisation is of interest, and outline your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification (Supporting Statement to be no longer than 2 sides of A4).
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.