The Young People's Foundation (YPF) model is the response of John Lyon's Charity to the ongoing pressures on the Children and Young People's sector and specifically the issues faced by the voluntary sector in their Beneficial Area. To support the establishment of YPFs nationally, the YPF Trust is now being established.
The primary purpose of the YPFs is to support and build capacity in the Children and Young People's sector. They work strategically to bring different groups together to develop partnership projects and share resources and good practice.
The YPF family has grown considerably since the first three were established in 2015, and there are now nine across North and West London and Manchester. The charity is now looking for an experienced and enterprising individual who has a strong track record of collaborating to achieve high impact, and who can lead the YPF Trust through its start-up phase, support the engagement of a wide range of local and national stakeholders and learn from and build on their existing network of YPFs.
The new CEO will be responsible for providing strong leadership and representing of the YPF network and support member YPFs to be sustainable and achieve high impact in their communities. The CEO is also responsible for developing and implementing the YPF Trust Strategy, including income generation, and be accountable for all aspect relating to finance and the broader operations of the Trust.
Attributes to include:
- Track record in strategic leadership and management, working in or with the charity sector
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Understanding of the challenges currently facing the community and voluntary sector, particularly as it relates to young people
- Experience of leading change management, replication or scaling of programmes
- Leadership in a commercial or not-for-profit environment with a successful track record of organisational development
- Proven track record in business development, income generation and partnership building
- Experience of staff and volunteer management
- A strong understanding of good governance and legal responsibilities and the ability to work successfully with a board
- Commitment to the vision and values of the Charity
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.
To Learn more; please see downloadable Job Description on the prospectus website.