Prospectus are delighted to be partnering with a London based youth charity in recruiting a new Director of Finance and Resources. The charity provides conflict management programmes & support to young people & the professionals working with them. They are currently the UK's only national organisation specialising in the creative management of youth conflict. Their work stops everyday conflict from spiralling into violent and destructive behaviour by helping young people look at the choices they make, understand the consequences of their actions and change course to become role models and leaders
The organisation had been developing a new and inspiring 5 years strategy, to be rolled out in January 2020, and they would like to bring in a new Director of Finance and Resources to join their dynamic and ambitious senior management team to lead this phase of development for the organisation.
The Director will be accountable for all financial and resource aspects of operations from financial planning and management (including risk, forecasting, reporting and control) through to the oversight of HR and organisational development, IT and establishment management including contracts and policy. Leading an experienced team, you will confidently bring experience, leadership and management to this role to support and develop activity in line with their strategy.
- Excellent understanding of the rules of charity finance management, governance and compliance
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the SoRP and financial auditing process
- Understanding best practice regarding risk reporting and management
- Experience in a senior financial role including line management of a team
- Understanding best practice in HR management.
- Experience of developing and management of complex finance systems and implementing financial policies, processes and controls.
- Experience of working with contract and supplier management including excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Communication with confidence and excellent engagement skills including the ability to maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to analyse information and to problem solve through evaluating differing perspectives
- Experience of advanced use of a database or CRM
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format and include a Supporting Statement that addresses each point on the Person Specification (both in Microsoft Word format), which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.