Prospectus are delighted to be supporting a UK charity that works to alleviate poverty and social exclusion to recruit for a Director of Finance and Resources. The charity uses their understanding of what causes poverty and the impact it has on children's lives to campaign for policies that will prevent and solve poverty - for good. They provide training, advice and information to make sure hard-up families get the financial support they need, and carry out high profile legal work to establish and protect families' rights.
This ambitious, forward-looking and innovative charity has a proud track record of achievement and aspire to make the organisation one that sets the standard for a charity of their size. As such the new Director of Finance and Resources will play a key part in that future development.
To assume overall responsibility for the organisation's financial strategy and management, advising the Board, Chief Executive and SMT on all financial matters in order to maximize financial performance. As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Finance and Resources will share in taking corporate responsibility for the strategic direction, leadership and operational management of the organisation. The Director is also responsible for all of the organisation's resources and to lead the Finance, Facilities, Information Technology, Health & Safety, administrative and general operational functions.
- Experience of working in a senior accounting role, including budget and financial policy formulation
- Managerial experience, including both staff and resources
- CCAB qualification or equivalent
- A track record of preparing statutory accounts, management accounts and other financial reports
- Strong financial management skills and ability (including SORP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to develop and implement operational plans and meet targets and deadlines
- High level of people management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of organisational IT systems
- Ability to analyse complex issues and to produce practical solutions
- Excellent project management skills
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format in the first instance, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices and may be asked to provide additional information to support their application.