Prospectus is delighted to be partnering with the British-German Association (BGA) to recruit an Executive Director, to be based in the BGA’s London office. The BGA is a charity and membership organisation, founded in 1951. The charitable objects of the BGA are to promote mutual understanding and good relations between the UK and Germany, and to foster the teaching of the German language in British schools. Over the past couple of years, the BGA has made rapid progress on many fronts, and is now looking to recruit for an Executive Director to take the organisation forward. This will be the first full time appointment in the BGA’s history, and the Executive Director will be the only salaried member of the BGA’s staff.
The role of Executive Director provides a unique opportunity for someone with demonstrated enthusiasm for the British-German relationship. The main purpose of the role will be to manage and administer all day-to-day responsibilities relating to event management, membership, communications, finance, interns and reporting. The Executive Director will also develop and execute the BGA’s organisational strategy to become the main platform for public discussion of German-related issues in the UK, to help coordinate and consolidate other voluntary bodies involved with the UK and Germany and to reach out directly to Germany. This position could be ideal for someone looking to step up into their first senior level or Director position or for an experienced senior professional looking for a broad role with both operational and strategic responsibilities.
The indicative salary range for this role is £35,000 to £40,000 a year, depending on skills and relevant experience.
Experience and skills to ideally include:
- a demonstrated commitment to British-German issues;
- exceptional administration skills;
- the drive and ability to carry forward the BGA’s goals with minimum supervision or direction
- a strong work ethic and sense of purpose;
- the self-confidence and interpersonal skills to deal with people from a range of backgrounds and seniority;
- willingness to spend time on routine administrative work as well as on strategic issues;
- sensitivity to legal, ethical, reporting and accounting issues;
- social media experience and aptitude;
- strong written and verbal communications skills and command of the English language, and ideally proficient in German at least to C1 level;
- comfortable with numbers and spreadsheets;
- permission to work in the UK.
To apply, please submit your CV on the Prospectus website which can be reached by click the "Apply Now" button.
Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
The application deadline is Tuesday 16th July.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.