The Mlinda Foundation was created out of deep concern for the impact that economic growth has on the environment. Since then, Mlinda has successfully mobilised that concern into direct and positive action. Our project involves the supply and installation of solar mini-grids in rural NE India, selling the energy for domestic and productive uses. The production of renewable energy replaces diesel and kerosene and reduces the need for a coal-based centralised power infrastructure. The supply of clean electricity is a catalyst to drive sustainable economic and social benefits.
We create long-term improvement in the lives of communities by providing the reliable energy, finance and expertise upon which to build a financially and environmentally sustainable economy.
However, the scale of the problem far exceeds our means to solve this alone and is not just an energy issue. Realising this mis-match, we have focused on being systemic and catalytic in our approach. From 2020, the next phase of our strategy will allow us to frame our electrification programme as the creation of a replicable and scalable model and provide the transition to our next phase of activity – systemic and catalytic action to help develop nature-based economies.
Job title: Executive Director
Location: London or Paris (and travel to India)
Salary: Competitive salary
We are ambitious. The need to promote and influence new economic models is urgent and we are looking for a strategic and energetic Executive Director to own, shape and deliver this ambition, to motivate and manage a great team and positively influence humanity’s course of travel. The post holder will:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to Mlinda ensuring our development as an ambitious, financially and environmentally sustainable organisation.
- Run Mlinda on a day-to-day basis; manage finances, staff team and build on the organisation’s reputation as a forward thinking social enterprise
- Develop thought leadership around specific topics / emerging practice areas
We are seeking an individual who possesses:
- Significant experience of successful strategic and operational leadership and management in commercially focused purpose-led environments
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environments and ability to motivate and drive people across international boundaries
- Understanding of the imperative of a results driven operation and the need for return on investment
- Experience of raising funds (for charitable or commercial ventures)
- Proven experience of successful project delivery and business growth
In addition you will have a commitment to Mlinda’s aims and ambitions to promote, for the benefit of the public, conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment.
To learn more about this unique opportunity, and to find out how to apply, please read the full appointment brief, on the Prospectus website, which can be reached by clicking on the “Apply on Website” Button.
Published closing date: Sunday 22nd September
Mlinda is committed to achieve greater diversity in its executive team/board, and welcome applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief or disability.